greenfly, fly away

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenfly, fly away

god i cannot keep up with green fly, seriously there is loads in my garden, and as i dont get any ladybirds they take over, they are everywhere. im picking them off my toms but i have quite a few tom plants and its taken me ages. im even spraying them they just keep comming back. god its silly it really is.

Same problem here. I've rubbed off, squirted water, drowned and even resorted to spray to clear the aphids but after a long weekend away the little beggars are back in force. There's a war on out there..............

Comment

your telling me, i went out there yesterday late afternoon and there was loads landing on me. the spiders can only eat so many lol.

Comment

1 part f*iry liquid to 10 parts water, and squirt the b*ggers! That's what I was told - does it work?
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

erm well as i put too much fairy liquid in and almost killed my toms im not the best person but i heard e cover is better, it wont harm the plants..... im squashing them as well as spraying them. little beggers they realy are.

Comment

You may well remove the current population with ecover sprays etc. but judging by the numbers in the air they just keep calling up re-inforcements.

Comment

Saw my first greenfly of the year yesterday, so we're obviously due for an onslaught soon! Will get my ecover spray ready.......

Comment

Not just me then- on my potatoes, was out yesterday evening spraying them with soapy water.

Is there something in the air cause they only seem to have appeared this week?!
                My Album, Progress so Far: -
                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

i noticed that.....after the little storm we had on sunday, monday was horrible green flys everywhere. im trying to catch every spider i can and put them on my plants, i dont care if there is spider webs on my plants as long as the green fly are dead.

Comment

Aphids are horrible on your plants, but they provide food for baby birds, ladybirds and all kinds of things.
                    Don't get too freaked out by them.
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

yes thats very true, it would be nice to see a lady bird havent seen one yet

Comment

Neither have i, i'm hoping that once i get some flowers on my patio they will attract some natural predators
                        My Album, Progress so Far: -
                        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X