This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Gut feeling is that's not blight. Are there patches of dark grey on the stems?...that's usually a confirmation for me!
    All the stems are perfectly healthy and growing well, all the green tomatoes also looking perfect.

Comment

• Not blight, IMO specially not in hot dry weather. Try a liquid feed that says it has trace elements or seaweed feed if you have it...that should sort out the new growth.

Blighted plants look yucky with fungus-like dark damp patches on stems, leaves and fruit, plants usually collapse after a day or 2

How big are those pots, they look a bit small for a large tomato plant - that may be the problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
        Not blight, IMO specially not in hot dry weather. Try a liquid feed that says it has trace elements or seaweed feed if you have it...that should sort out the new growth.

Blighted plants look yucky with fungus-like dark damp patches on stems, leaves and fruit, plants usually collapse after a day or 2

How big are those pots, they look a bit small for a large tomato plant - that may be the problem?
        I've a massive amount of nettle compost tea, but nitrogen isn't the fix here from what I can gather, for growth not fruit.

I've about 10 litres of home-made seaweed tea too and the actual seaweed, so might give them a feed and then some seaweed mulch on top.

Comment

• I noticed this evening that some of my second crop of Charlotte's had dark spots all over the leaves. One plant is badly affected, others have some on just a few leaves. I'll post a picture of the plants tomorrow, but here are a few of the leaves - anyone know what this is?
          Attached Files

Comment

• That looks like blight to me, but I've only seen it once. Someone else cleverer will be along shortly.

(I miss Sarz)
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• looks more like symptoms of a virus to me but difficult to say from a photograph. Blight should look like th pics you can see by following this link https://www.google.com/search?q=pota...w=1455&bih=688

Comment

• Could be Septoria Leaf Spot?

Comment

• I think you're right, it doesn't match the pictures of blight. Not sure about Septoria Leaf Spot. If it was a virus would that affect the tubers? I'll pull some out of the bag and have a look later.

Comment

• Originally posted by utini View Post
                    I think you're right, it doesn't match the pictures of blight. Not sure about Septoria Leaf Spot. If it was a virus would that affect the tubers? I'll pull some out of the bag and have a look later.
                    it may affect the yield but not the quality

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X