Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do think it's a deficiency rather than blight... but a few other blogs have pictures like this and are calling it blight, which I think is wrong.

Every time I think I'm confident I can spot blight, something else crops up and I start doubting it....!

Comment

• I don't think that is blight either. Spots don't look right for early blight (Target Spot) nor for late blight.

As you are already cropping them I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

• Just a matter of time perhaps????

Hopefully not, but I thought I'd pull up this thread for peeps to check out their leaves

Some of the pictures are missing /lost during an upgrade, but there should be enough left for a comparison...but there is loads and loads of brill advice in this thread!
        Last edited by Nicos; 10-06-2018, 06:06 PM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ugh. I've got a horrible feeling I've got it... Will take pics tomorrow.

Comment

• Perhaps you ought to consult your GP ? - really I don't think any of us have sufficient medical knowledge to deal with human blight. :-)

(Sorry - couldn't resist)

Comment

• I'm known as the 'cry wolf' blight guy on my plot... I reckon we're on the cusp of it starting - who will be first for 2018 - photos of fungus and chopped hallums before I adjudicate.

(I only grow first earlies now - plot is a blight hot spot)
              sigpic
              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Lol Nick. I take my potatoes personally...

If it is, it's the Charlottes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                  Lol Nick. I take my potatoes personally...

If it is, it's the Charlottes.
                  So this girl Charlotte has got it as well ? turning in to an epidemic ;-)

Comment

• So what do we think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180616_154242-1560x2080.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	2378792Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180616_154236-1560x2080.jpg
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	2378793Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180616_154105-1560x2080.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	2378794Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180616_154140-1560x2080.jpg
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	2378795Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180616_154151-1560x2080.jpg
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	2378796

Comment

• Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                      I'm known as the 'cry wolf' blight guy on my plot... I reckon we're on the cusp of it starting - who will be first for 2018 - photos of fungus and chopped hallums before I adjudicate.

(I only grow first earlies now - plot is a blight hot spot)
                      Must read slower - I misread part of your post. Nearly spat my tea out.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                        So what do we think?
                        Not sure what the problem is, but it doesn't look like blight to me. I'd just cut the affected leaves off and bin them, then hope for the best.

Comment

• Excellent. Yeah, on second look it didn't seem quite right for blight but wasn't sure if that was wishful thinking. Ta.

Comment

• Wondering if you guys can cast your trained eyes over these three.

I've just given them all some Epsom salts to see if that makes any difference, plant 3 seems to be the most likely to be a deficiency than blight as far as I can see?

Comment

• Gut feeling is that's not blight. Are there patches of dark grey on the stems?...that's usually a confirmation for me!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'd agree - bit of a deficiency problem - not blight.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X