• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Hi there Mark.
    According to this....

Q. Can I save seeds from my tomatoes?

A. The pathogen is not carried on seeds, but if infected fruits rot before seeds are mature, there won’t be any viable seeds to harvest.
    - See more at: Late Blight FAQ's | University of Maryland Extension
    That's good news, thanks. I have saved a couple of ripe toms to do just this. Luckily there was a good crop last month before the blight took hold.

Comment

• Saw this on my potatoes yesterday, can someone tell me if it's blight? We have had a lot of sun so wasn't sure if it was maybe sun damage from my over watering.. but it's my first couple of months growing anything and I have no idea Help!
      Attached Files

Comment

• I'm pretty sure it's not blight. The leaves often go like this late in the season, just before they start dying off. I suspect your crop is nearly ready to lift.
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Hi all,

Just noticed this on my tomatoes - I dont think it is blight looking at the pics in this thread, but is it the very start of blight or is it something entirely different? What should I do? My tomatoes were FINALLY turning yellow!!!

Attached Files

Comment

• Have you had any hailstorms? that looks like the hail damage I had earlier in the year

Comment

• Not that I'm aware of - and no damage to anything else?! I thought it might be a deficiency but I've been feeding with tomatorite weekly?

Comment

• Hello everyone, looking for some advice please. I've noticed my tomatoes plants looking a bit blah...this is what the leaves are looking like, is it anything to worry about?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1922.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	2373096
                sigpic

Comment

• I've removed some blah looking leaves too Leaves sometimes get splashed & scorched or wet leaves touching the ground can pick up fungal/bacterial issues that look similar. I don't think its blight,I'd just keep an eye on the stem for brown markings to be definite of blight,those look a bit like water droplet shapes?

Comment

• Oh thank you JJ, it has been particularly wet here and although the plants do have a certain amount of cover the rain still gets to them depending on which way they wind is blowing! Hopefully that's all it is.
                    sigpic

Comment

• I hope so,hopefully they'll stop attention seeking & be green from now on!

Comment

• One of mine looks the same-
                        Attached Files

Comment

• I don't think that's blight, Jay22. I reckon it's scorch marks. Could even caused by a dog cocking his leg up against the plant. I know as one of our dogs tends to do that from time to time... Fortunately, he never gets the fruit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                            One of mine looks the same-
                            I agree that's nothing to worry about!

Comment

• What do we think? This is on the Charlottes, planted end March, and producing some lovely tatties right now. The Roosters in the same bed are looking fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170623_134532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	2373325

Comment

• I don't think it's blight is it a potassium deficiency?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X