No announcement yet.

Moles

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear you have a mole infestation OWG. My parents planted a load of tall things round the garden. I think they were Euphorbia cos they had pale yellowy green flowers. They weren't 100% effective tho. Glad I'm not the only one who remembers the Jasper Carrott sketch. I get funny looks when I mention it. And thanks for the tip re the earth Nick. Don't have a problem at the mo but shall remember if I do. Don't know if living by the railway makes a difference.
    Bright Blessings
    Earthbabe

If at first you don't succeed, open a bottle of wine.

Comment

Hi O.W.G., we've had a discussion on here further back on the vine about 'mole control' which even had a comment about mini landmines you can buy on the continent to get rid of them! I'm a fan of the non-aggressive approach & there are lots of mole repellant devices & plants which you can try.
      P.S. love the new pic. of the 'barmy boxer'
      Last edited by SueA; 27-09-2006, 01:38 PM.
      Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Yes, the new pic of the handsome chap is our puppy, Max... currently 7 months old with a taste for net curtains, carpet tiles and argos catalogues

We're going to collect up the molehills and see how bad the infestation actually is before firing anything at them!

Comment

We've tried the sonic mole repellents - not successful! The moles just went round the other side of the garden, but they've gradually moved back - I think they've decided they like it now

My mother-in-law gave us very tall plants telling us they would work. No idea what they are - if they do keep the moles away it'll be because they can't stand looking at the ugly plants...just like me No flowers, look like some alien life-form, just horrible!

Will try collecting the tops of the mole hills though...perhaps I could use it to fill in the ever increasing holes the rabbits keep digging...ahhh the joys of country life
          If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
          Cicero

Comment

on the subject of mole soil.....do make sure you take from somewhere that people don't walk their pooches! if you know what I mean! just taken Dexter the dog out for walkies - and you don't want mole soil from where he's been! DDL
            Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

Ok, the answer to my conundrum is that a mole can burrow 240 feet per day!!!
              It's also worth taking a peek at the molehills, especially after heavy rain as sometimes they can unearth interesting artifacts especially on Roman sites etc.
              There could be gold in them thar molehills!!!!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

A case of 'where there's muck there's brass' eh Snadger?
                If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
                Cicero

Comment

After trying little windmills all over the lawn, first gust o wind blew my fence down,
                  In the great wise words of Jasper,

'only one way to get rid of a mole, blow is bl***y hed orf!' so there he sat like the old lighthouse, shotgun with a torch strapped to the barrel, sat on a swivel chair, BOOOOM, BOOOOOM. suddenly there was a blue light

With apologies to lord carrot

Comment

I was conned into being environmentally friendly and buying those sonic tube things,the biggest mistake I've made in gardening and I've made a few.Apparently they never go into onion or garlic beds,may be that'll shift the little varmints.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X