whats eating my aubergine leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats eating my aubergine leaves

can anyone help me identify whats eating my aubergine leaves. At this rate the plant is going to die.

Have you checked under the leaves for tiny caterpillars,if none it might be snails,could you have a look with a torch when it’s dark? I did two snail hunts last night,they all come out in the rain,our neighbour always seems to open their bathroom window when I go out there & I’m staring at my plants with a torch

Comment

I'd say it's probably slug or snail damage. Little ones, based on the hole size.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
        Have you checked under the leaves for tiny caterpillars,if none it might be snails,could you have a look with a torch when it’s dark? I did two snail hunts last night,they all come out in the rain,our neighbour always seems to open their bathroom window when I go out there & I’m staring at my plants with a torch
        haha, I'll give it ago tonight but can snails climb that high without leaving a snail trail?

Comment

Originally posted by Sim2500 View Post

haha, I'll give it ago tonight but can snails climb that high without leaving a snail trail?
          I find snails usually don't leave a trail at all. Snail mucus is less sticky than slug mucus (as you can tell if you handle them), so that may be why.
          Even slugs sometimes don't leave a trail, especially on wet surfaces, so just because you don't see a slime trail, you shouldn't immediately rule out slugs and snails.

Comment

There’s no slime trails on my lettuce,I think they stop leaving a trail because you can follow it & catch them the sneaky things,I caught four snails near the lettuce area last night,there was about thirty snails out there

Comment

I agree that slugs and snails love aubergines (the leaves and the aubergines themselves). So do aphids. They always attack mine later in the Summer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X