Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SelkirkAlex
    replied
    the obvious difference is that centipedes have only one pair of legs per body segment millipedes typically have more

Leave a comment:

• Chrissyteacup
    replied
    Haha I meant centipedes not the naughty poster - I never followed the link must have cross posted with you vc! Funny how that could have applied to either!

Leave a comment:

• Chrissyteacup
    replied
    Well that’s good to know! I do always leave them to it, they just bother me I know it’s irrational!

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    In case you didn't notice, the "person" who bumped this old thread #10 has been banned - and not for posting about centipedes.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Centipedes eat slug eggs they’re a really beneficial insect to have about,Ive never been bitten by one but when I find them I put them back in the compost to work. (I usually find them when I’m moving old compost about from pots & bags,where slugs lay eggs isn’t it,they’re a great help).

Leave a comment:

• robbra
    replied
    Centipedes remind me of my springer, they go mental when disturbed and this always makes me smile.

Leave a comment:

• Chrissyteacup
    replied
    Shudders.. in my book there a baddy just for being so creepy!!! they always make me jump outta my skin when I see them!!!

Leave a comment:

• wolfspiders
    replied
    centipede bite

A centipede bite can vary from hardly visible to exceptionally painful. Lots of people Examine it to sensation just like a bee sting. Except if you might be allergic for the venom or are in extremely inadequate well being, a centipede bite isn’t significantly dangerous
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 17-07-2019, 11:46 PM. Reason: Link removed

Leave a comment:

• gojiberry
    replied
    Not all beetles are goodies, you would not want colerado or lilly beetles.

Leave a comment:

• citygirl
    replied
    Originally posted by roitelet View Post
    Renerally I work on the principal that if it runs fast it is a goodie and hunts other beasties, but if it is slow moving it's a baddie and will eat the plants that can't run away.

Works most of the time!!
    haha not only does that make sense - it made me laugh

Leave a comment:

• roitelet
    replied
    Renerally I work on the principal that if it runs fast it is a goodie and hunts other beasties, but if it is slow moving it's a baddie and will eat the plants that can't run away.

Works most of the time!!

Leave a comment:

• Claire72
    replied
    Think they were centipedes

Leave a comment:

• Two_Sheds
    replied
    Millipedes tend to be black (and they curl up when disturbed). Centipedes are more of a chestnut brown (and run off PDQ when disturbed).

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Centipedes tend to be flatter and millipedes more tube shaped.

here you go...

http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/cours...ntipede-wm.GIF

( I hope that's right!!!)
    Last edited by Nicos; 25-05-2008, 05:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Claire72
    replied
    Can you remind me of the basic difference between centipede and millipede? (other than number of legs)
    Mine were black, with a lot of legs!

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X