ok this is a icky spider but what....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok this is a icky spider but what....

ok im happily emptying my old hanging baskets, tipping spent compost out, turn it over and ekkkkk now i i dont normaly mind spiders but this *shudder* wasn't big, but still alive, am i to assume the big belly is full of babies ?
    Attached Files

OMG 'I hide away fromthe spider ' i think if i had come across that in my hanging basket i would have either screamed or passed out or maybe just done the both it makes me shudder to think of it in your hanging basket...between wasps and spiders i dont think i could have coped in one day..
    loux

Comment

hahaha bless mine is slugs hate the blimin things they make me want to be sick, strange really considering i dont mind snails

Comment

I think it's a spider that eats woodlice - I found one and looked it up when I saw the size of its jaws, and that horrible long body eeerrrgh! (I know, they're harmless but I really hate 'surprise spiders' - I need to know they're coming if you see what I mean.)

Anyway, is this it?

Woodlouse Spiders - Dysera crocata
        Nell

Comment

eww and ohhh thanks for that nelliegemini i tried to get a close up of it but was worried it would of jumped at me the jaws are big on it arnt they, well i didn't kill it i carefully ( more gingerly at arms length) put the basket back where i found it, in hope it will move elsewhere.

Comment

Isn't that a poor harassed mummy spider holding an egg sac? I saw something small and white once when weeding, picked it up and realised rather large spider grimly holding on - not done that again....
            Anyway these are jolly good spiders for eating your problem insects - I think
            best wishes
            Sue

Comment

Spiders are ace.
              It's maggots that I hide from
              All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Lauren got the book Charlottes Web for christmas, so for a while if she found egg sacs they had to be brought in and carefully kept until the teeny weeny baby spiders hatched. Fantastic watching them coming out.
                After hatching, put them out in a very sheltered spot in the garden.
                Kirsty b xx

Comment

I have to say and sorry if it offends anyone that I have had 2 lots of therapy and am still terrified and the only way I can sleep is knowing OH has killed them. I know it is bad karma, but there you are. Guilty. I absolutely need MORE therapy.

janeyo

Comment

Wow, that is a very funky spider. Yes, I am the one in my family who had the job of evicting unwanted eight-legged house/bath visitors! Spiders are fab. They are much more interested in staying out of harm's way, because they have soft bodies and are easily squished.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

got told once an old wives tale you squish a spider it will rain so come on who killed one today as its been chucking it down,
                      another one was if a spider is climbing up an outside wall it will rain,

Comment

My gran used to say

'If you want to live and thrive, let the spider stay alive.'

janeyo

Comment

It'll probably come as a shock to no-one that I'm quite fond of spiders

Comment

I don't ki8ll spiders but that is the first one I have seen in that colour. I have one I'm rather fond of, he has a skull and crossbones on his back and he is big and territorial. I leave him to it on the grounds that nothing is going to fly past him.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X