Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sure it,s cats moggsue there are dozens round here and with out being too crude cat and fox poo smell totally different!
    Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Haha, I'll take your word for that Lainey, don't fancy getting close enough to fox poo to find out! In that case, hope the silent roar works again for you. Might be something a few others on here would be interested in as well, there have been others suffering with cat problems.
      Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Hi all - i hate to say i have found the soliution! But i have. The sonic cat scarers that i have been dubious of in the past actually work. I bought one from b and q, and as long as i move it frequently, it totally puts the cats off. I would like to hear if anyone else has had any success/failure with them...
        Vegmonkey and the Mrs. - vegetable gardening in a small space in Cheltenham at www.vegmonkey.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by moggssue View Post
          Haha, I'll take your word for that Lainey, don't fancy getting close enough to fox poo to find out! In that case, hope the silent roar works again for you. Might be something a few others on here would be interested in as well, there have been others suffering with cat problems.
          My old dog used to love nothing better than a roll around in fox poo! It's stinking!!!!
          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Cats are destroying my garden too

untill recently i didnt have a problem with cats in my garden or the veg patch,but now i have ,the diffrence between now and then is i had to have my own black and white moggy put to sleep due to his illness,Marmite(you either love him or hate him)would not allow another cat in,and didnt leave any problems,maybe if you get a cat the others would leave,regards Carrottop

Comment

Hello carrottop - I'm sorry to hear about your cat, and about your subsequent cat probs on your veg plot - but welcome to the Vine.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the vine carrottop. Sorry to hear about your loss. Our cat problem is our own cat - I have the only cultivated garden in the vicinity and he just loves it!!! I have promised that next year we will build a special cat corner with sand dug into the soil and some catmint planted around it in the hope that it will stop him digging up my veggies
                Happy Gardening,
                Shirley

Comment

A plastic pop bottle half filled with water and layed on its side seems to keep cats away. Its something to do with the noise the water makes!! Worked for me. ***** fluid on bricks placed nearby also works. They dont like the smell - who does?

Comment

I also have a perforated polytunnel, someone told me to try mothballs along the sides not noticed any change yet though.

Comment

I got a Scarecrow to stop cats.

Not the type stuffed with straw

It's a motion sensing garden sprinkler type thing. When it detects a cat (or Heron) it lets out a quick burst of water.

It's a shame that it worked so effectively. Much delight was had watching the cats sh*t themselves when unexpectedly sprayed

Comment

I'm with vegmonkey the electric sonic things really work
                        Yo an' Bob
                        Walk lightly on the earth
                        take only what you need
                        give all you can
                        and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

I do believe cats are not protected in law. and if they stray onto your property you can kill them humanely.

I would gently tell their owner this and then start trapping them.. or shooting them.

(We have a cat which annoys our turkeys... I throw water at it and chase it away whenever I see it. Makes no difference:-)
                          Last edited by Madasafish; 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Someone told me that cats don't like the smell of citrus - my friend tried lots of orange/tangerine etc peel and that seemed to work quite well.
                            Live for something or die for nothing

Comment

A great organic and FREE repellant is to urinate around the polytunnel....honest. It works to deter foxes, and cats are even fussier......they HATE the smell of urine (especially male urine)....but no hovering around public toilets to collect supplies because you will get a reputation!!

Comment

ironically the best way to keep cat poo out of your garden is to have a cat yourself, but that depends on how guilty you feel knowing that they will go in other peoples gardens i wasnt allowed a cat, but i have a killer rabbit so he deters cats as he well tries to offer some extra loving if you know what i mean, *tiz funny watching the shocked expression the cats * other than that madam jojos idea is good also if theres a zoo near you, cats hate the smell of tiger poo, and it dosent smell that bad just put it at the bottom of the garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X