Pox on tomato leaves

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pox on tomato leaves

This is my first serious attempt at growing tomatoes outside and it's not going so well.

These were germinated some weeks ago and looked fantastic growing in the shed. Now they are outside they have taken a turn for the worse, with at least 1/3 of the crop developing white powdery leaves.

I notice black fly starting to congregate in places.

It's looking like a virus or disease of some kind which I'm hoping someone can identify for me?

All seeds used are organic, no disease resistant or F1 strains.
    Attached Files

Don't look too bad to me - if you can keep them reasonably dry then with a bit of luck you'll avoid blight which is the real killer of outdoor plants - no hope of that in my neck of the woods, even the ducks have been carrying umbrellas around.

Comment

I'd be happy if my outdoor tom leaves looked that good. Let them get on with it a while and see how they do.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Those are the shiniest tomato leaves I've ever seen! How do you get them looking like that? If you spray them with something, might that be the cause?

However, in your first photo, you seem to have some white filamenty stuff up the stem? Is that mould?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X