Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Frost for Rural Areas

Hi, guys!

I know there are a few websites out there giving purported last frosts for areas but as we live on top of a mountain in a rural, sparsely-populated area, ours is not covered. If we're lucky enough to find Holywell or Rhyl or Prestatyn, our nearest towns, on these websites, said towns, being built-up and nearer the sea, are nothing like our patch.

Is there anyone else out there in similar conditions, and how do you work out last frosts?

Though it's not the frost that's the problem here as much as the eternal wind..... and being exposed. Our entire garden could do with a fleece hangar. Only it'd just get blown away.

That's me, up for further punishment this spring! Mad, or what?

Hope you are all having a good 2018 so far.
    sigpic

From Planet of the Apes to Animal Farm: a record of our first year in a microscopic country village with more cows and stars than people -

If you go here and put in your town and its not on their list they will sort it out for you and get back to you .

https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk/cale...rsonalised.php
    Last edited by jackarmy; 18-01-2018, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Aunty Use this link and zoom into your road United Kingdom Interactive Last Frost Map
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

There's a First frost Map too United Kingdom Interactive First Frost Map

Comment

Thanks again, you guys.... someday I hope to be able to help with answers, not just ask!
          sigpic

From Planet of the Apes to Animal Farm: a record of our first year in a microscopic country village with more cows and stars than people -

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
            Aunty Use this link and zoom into your road United Kingdom Interactive Last Frost Map
            I can see us! It works!!!!!! Thank you (Sir, may you vanquish every slug in your garden in 2018)
            sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X