• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleanor

Its a bit blowy out there - and I've got to go out in it

Stay safe all.
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Balders - Good luck mate
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Do you really have to? After all, if people can be snowed in, can't they also be winded in?
      Living in north-east Spain, where the sun is too hot, the rain too torrential, the hail too big, the wind too windy and the snow too deep.

Comment

It appears to have ben a storm in a teacup here? Windy abot 2.00am but quite still here now. Unless we a re just in the eye of the storm!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          Do you really have to? After all, if people can be snowed in, can't they also be winded in?
          Grammar, Snoop - its "Wound in" - that doesn't look right either

Horribly windy here last night. Difficult to sleep with all the noise. I wrapped my ears in the duvet and tried to shut it out. Hammering rain too, rattling against the windows.
          Just done a quick walk around and the only damage is a bit of superficial fence screening has blown down. The wire fence behind is intact, that's the main thing!

Hope you're all undamaged and safe. Still windy here
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 03-01-2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I've got a fence panel now loose on one side, with that post at a crazy angle (despite me trying to prop it up last night) and it's still very gusty here - but have to be at dentist by 11am.

Comment

Windy in the night but less so now, I think it sounded worse than it was

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Grammar, Snoop - its "Wound in" - that doesn't look right either

(
                Grammar?
                Wind (the weather word) isn't a verb so can't be changed like flood - wind (up the clock type wind) is a verb so can be changed to wound.
                Blown in doesn't sound right either, although blown home sounds ok? English is weird
                innit?

Comment

The storm hit here yesterday evening - loads of trees and powerlines down but thankfully I haven't heard of any serious injuries.

I ventured out to retrieve my fallen wheelie bins around 9pm and was almost blown over by the wind, it was truly quite frightening.

All quiet now, just hope there aren't any more storms in its wake.

Comment

Intense storm here though out the night.
                    Lost electricity just after 4am....came back on about 20 mins ago.

Keep safe everyone!
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                      Grammar?
                      Wind (the weather word) isn't a verb so can't be changed like flood - wind (up the clock type wind) is a verb so can be changed to wound.
                      Blown in doesn't sound right either, although blown home sounds ok? English is weird
                      innit?
                      The pronunciation of "Wind" and "wound" varies so much too, depending on the context. I prefer "wined" myself.

Comment

I survived but glad i didn't chance a late night / early morning swim at the beach!

https://youtu.be/oOEUi-TBlHU
                        sigpic
                        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

New fence that my new(ish) neighbours put up last summer hasn’t moved. I’m impressed as the last three installed by so called professional fencers never survived the first gale. The neighbour is a librarian. The next fence along is flapping a bit. The other side of my garden (my fence) installed by my son 5 years ago, hasn’t moved. He’s in IT. Makes one wonder sometimes. Hmmmh.

Wind has dropped but still whistling through the house and whooooing down the chimney.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          True friends are rare, don't lose them easily.

Comment

It's extremely windy here now.
                            Can't go in the greenhouse, just in case.
                            Stay safe all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

..............and you stay safe, bramble. Its less windy here at the moment but still not pleasant.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X