Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else is not keen on this time of year ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want it to be January so I can start planting. I like this time of year but we've had no proper sun :/

Comment

You can "start planting" any time of the year

Comment

'SAD' starting early this year ?
        He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Oh crickey sappidis ~ Don't wish your life away, it goes quick enough as it is.....!!!!
          The dark depths of January will be upon us soon enough .............

Get planning, thumb through seed catalogues, get mulching, buy seeds, tidy your GH, do some weeding ~ just don't wish this beautiful time of the year pass you by ....!
          ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
          a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

At this time of year I find I'm getting bored with summer laziness and I'm looking forward to the first tang of autumn in the air. I'm already starting the clearing away of things that have gone over or which have failed, leaving me areas to plan for or to re-think. This will accelerate once the first frost comes. Meanwhile there's potatoes and onions to lift and store. Not much time left to sit around and contemplate what I could have done better in 2016 ... a new season will soon be upon us!
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

...... Indeed Martin, indeed...!!!!

I actually love getting rid of (cutting back, chopping, piling into compost bin) all stuff that's on its last gasp, picking the last toms, beans etc etc, as you say, in readiness for the next sowings/plantings .....
              Out with the old, and in with the new.....!!
              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                Oh crickey sappidis ~ Don't wish your life away, it goes quick enough as it is.....!!!!
                The dark depths of January will be upon us soon enough .............

Get planning, thumb through seed catalogues, get mulching, buy seeds, tidy your GH, do some weeding ~ just don't wish this beautiful time of the year pass you by ....!
                I suppose you're right, after all, I'll be able to make my chilli sauce soon.....
                Just want them to ripen!!!

Don't know where I'm going to be next year though, might not be able to grow anything at all

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                  At this time of year I find I'm getting bored with summer laziness and I'm looking forward to the first tang of autumn in the air. I'm already starting the clearing away of things that have gone over or which have failed, leaving me areas to plan for or to re-think. This will accelerate once the first frost comes. Meanwhile there's potatoes and onions to lift and store. Not much time left to sit around and contemplate what I could have done better in 2016 ... a new season will soon be upon us!
                  Totally agree! I've just started clearing old/failed crops and it's a wonderful feeling. I can finally attack the overgrown hedge along the south border of my plot and sow green manure in the cleared beds. I've even ordered another pair of Felcos so I'm not out of action while I take my old and much loved gummy pair apart to clean and sharpen. I might just get to the happy place of all compost bins being full...
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X