No announcement yet.

Which weather site do you use?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I actually checked the weather I wouldn't have lost 4 runners and suffered damage to my early potatoes and tomatoes in the frosts this year.
    I do use the weather app on my iPhone now though.
    Current Executive Board Members at Ollietopia Inc:
    Snadger - Director of Poetry
    RedThorn - Chief Interrobang Officer
    Pumpkin Becki - Head of Dremel Multi-Tool Sales & Marketing and Management Support
    Jeanied - Olliecentric Eulogy Minister
    piskieinboots - Ambassador of 2-word Media Reviews

WikiGardener a subsidiary of Ollietopia Inc.

Comment

I'll check Meteox and Country file.I tried Metcheck(overpessimitic) and BBC(not accurate enough to predict the weather for the next day).Now I use Great Britain, GBR Weather - Forecasts, Radar Maps, Video, and News allright

Comment

It is difficult for forecasting services to be accurate for a specific place when extracting information from a general area forecast. Hence Metcheck, Meteox, BBC etc can only provide a rough guess when conditions are unsettled.

For immediate forecasts I check on-line for current weather at local weather stations to the west. When used in conjunction with barometric data and temperature, wind and cloud (looking up at the sky) it is possible to gain a fairly accurate idea of what is to come over the next few hours.

I have little faith in any mid to long term forecast. Whatever data and equipment the met services possess, long term forecasting is akin to crystal ball gazing.

Comment

i remember when we lived in newmarket there was a chemist called mr. froggit, who did weather forecasting as a hobby. many people swore by him as he was so accurate- far better than the professionals, with all of thier equipment .

Comment

I'm sitting here coz it's chuckin' it down outside. I've been watching the progress of the rain clouds on here;

Met Office: British Isles: Rainfall radar

It's actual, not predictions, but you can judge for yourself if/when you're likely to get wet. I've been watching it on and off since this morning, and it has proved useful for me.
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

I find sometimes metcheck goes a bit nutty!? 258mph winds etc etc
              met office android app is quite accurate, as is their mobile site, which has more locations than their web site.
              <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

I've been very impressed with the Met. Office app since I downloaded it a month or so ago. That's why I've changed to using their website too. Metcheck has gone in the trash - it's just not worth it!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

i agree glutton4 personally i look at good old bbc and met office. use weatherbug app on my blackberry which is surprisingly good. even way up north of scotland. wonder if the met office app is available on blackberry....? am i right in thinking low pressure is *bad* weather* ? if so i'll just go out and look at the sky!
                  which, if anyone is interested, i saw the international space station going over last week!
                  cheers sir patrick! (the sky at night)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X