No announcement yet.

Today's Weather

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays weather is Hot to hot to want to be outdoors.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Todays weather is Hot to hot to want to be outdoors.
      Same here Bren - problem is we're just not used to it..
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• 26°C here, which is hot for here.

Opened the Velux at the top of the stairwell - Cornish air-conditioning. Big faff: have to climb on a chair, but was good to feel the warm air escaping .
        I used to be quanglewangle. It's a long story

Comment

• Am starting to think that this very dry and recently hot weather is not going to help my edibles this year.

Comment

• Yorkshire Water are advising us to save water here to avoid hosepipe bans as there has barely been any measurable rainfall since March. I am using about 100l a day on my veg, so I am having to start deciding which to sacrifice in order to save the others, particularly at the allotment. Not what I want to be doing after all the effort of growing it.

Very little rain in the forecast, unless the hot spell next weekend ends in a big thunderstorm, which models are beginning to suggest it might. Much as I detest thunderstorms, I could definitely do with a deluge!

One thing I have not seen much mention of is the risk of fire, as everything is tinder dry. The prospect of lightning striking vegetation when it is like this doesn't bear thinking about.
            Last edited by Penellype; 11-07-2022, 08:03 PM.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• I did pop up to allotment early this morning and stuff was actually wilting! Was watered well yesterday, hoping it will be ok, here in Kent, we keep getting’hot weather’ warnings! This will also affect germination I guess!

Comment

• We have got three stand pipes for 90 plots.
                No hosepipe warnings from Severn Trent yet....
                It is too hot for bed.
                Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• We have just had enough rain to make the ground wet and no more.

Comment

• We had some here Plot, ours wet the GH roof but it dried to fast to be noticeable on the ground.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Our rain dried away after a few minutes.

Comment

• -2C forecast tonight…feels like -9 C….not far off that now. Glad I’ve covered some of my plants!
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X