No announcement yet.

Today's Weather

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woke up to patchy snow cover and then it's been alternating snow and hail with bright blue skies and bright sunshine all day. It's normally warmer, drier and less windy at this time of year. The soil, which had dried up nicely ready for planting, is now waterlogged again.

Comment

Sunshine and light frost this morning but the cold northerly wind still has a keen edge to it.
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Yesterday it was a mix of snow, sleet, rain and sunshine we only needed fog to complete the set.

Today started out frosty but now the suns out. but we'll see what happens.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Woke up this morning to an inch of snow lying over everything. It's now stopped snowing so I'm hoping it'll start to melt soon.

Comment

We've just had a proper downpour. First one in weeks. The surface of all the puddles is yellow with pine pollen. My seedlings are outside...

Comment

We’ve had snow of and on since 12-ish none has settled though.

Comment

I've just brought my tomatoes back inside as it's only 6c in the greenhouse...poor babies!
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

It was sunny here a little while ago with light rain at the same time,really pretty but no rainbow. Freezing cold tho,my seedlings have never been outside yet,they don’t know of the cold yet,they’re all happy & relaxed

Comment

Sun and lovely first thing then hail/snow on and off all day and a bluster ip of wind at one point. Colder again.
                    Northern England.

Comment

Lovely sunny day here, though a bit windy.
                      It's going to go down to -1 tonight, so I've covered my akebia and allotment plum again (the apricot is still covered from last time).

Comment

The sun came out at 2pm and it's been blue skies since then. The snow had melted by 4pm so I spent a couple of hours removing more of the turf from the front lawn. There's no lawn left now (just some bits of grass growing between the patches of crocus and daffodil bulbs which I'll leave until the bulbs are over) so I'll be able to sow the wildflower seed when the soil warms up.

I also had time to pull out some of the grass which was taking over from the Cerastium growing in the drystone wall by the path. I really enjoyed myself - it's been the first chance I've had to get outside and work on the garden all week!

Comment

We had ice pellets for a while late afternoon. They soon melted.
                          Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Looks like the forecast frost didn't materialise. It's now dawn and there seems not to be any frost on anything, not even a light one. I guess it must have clouded over earlier than predicted and kept the heat in.

Comment

-2°C here but clear blues and the sun's climbing. Less breeze forecast for today so it looks quite promising.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                                -2°C here but clear blues and the sun's climbing. Less breeze forecast for today so it looks quite promising.
                                Same here MrB my GH temp was -2 early on, now its reached 14c and I've taken my Toms are out there to enjoy the sunshine.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X