No announcement yet.

Today's Weather

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s been snowing here for the past hour it looks more like polystyrene than snow.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Just got back from an eye test and while eating lunch checked the weather forecast.
      -4 tonight :-(
      Better get the boiler apart and see what's wrong with it before that arrives.
      Gardening on hold for today.

Comment

Frost wasn't too heavy last night, so I haven't lost any fruit blossoms.
        Tonight is meant to go down to -3, though...

Comment

arternoon ... stuck my nose out this morning and retracted it tuit suite!! we've had snow on and off all day and its bitey cold so a day for reading some books me thinks
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

We had ice pellets and snow after a sunny start.
            The wind was in a non winging direction so I started clearing up for a hen run extension.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6671.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	2521845
            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Lovely morning, light high cloud, sunny and -2. No wind yet so a big improvement on yesterday.
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Outside was minus -5c at 7am this morning. The greenhouse was -1c. Cold!
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Ta Dah.
                  Boiler working again (fan bearing needed lubricating)
                  Back in the garden again, well greenhouse anyway, bit too cold outside.
                  Just cleaning and tidying up ready for the tomatoes.

Comment

Glad your boiler's fixed Topcat. Thermometer says otherwise but it feels colder out there today than yesterday.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Looks like everything at home managed to survive the frost.
                      Everything I had on the patio is fine (including the pepper plant in the mini-greenhouse, surprisingly).
                      The plum trees in the garden have lost around half of their blossoms to the frost, which isn't actually that many considering how many thousands of flowers they have. I imagine I shall still have to thin them heavily later on.
                      The protected apricot seems as though the fruitlets have survived, although they are so small it's a little hard to tell for sure (they're still green, at least, rather than brown or black, so I think they're fine).
                      The unprotected apricot it's harder to tell, but I think at least some of the fruitlets seem okay (they still had the dried remains of the petals and sepals wrapped around them, so maybe that acted like a little blanket to keep them warm?).

I have yet to check the allotment. I have another plum there are two akebia vines I am concerned about.

Comment

The allotment plum was pretty hard hit, despite being covered. I've lost 90% or more of the open flowers. It does still have 20 or more unopened buds, though, which seem to still be okay.
                        The two akebia were a little damaged here and there, but are mostly fine.

Comment

We woke up to 1cm of snow!
                          All the magnolia flowers are brown and crispy now...as usual
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            We woke up to 1cm of snow!
                            All the magnolia flowers are brown and crispy now...as usual
                            Such a shame Nicos. Was on the lotty first thing today, it's cold out there again, 4C but feels much colder.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Not as cold . Greyyyyyy and drizzle
                              Northern England.

Comment

Wind has stopped, clouds have accumulated. Too much to hope for rain, but I've got my fingers crossed even so.

Sorry to hear about everyone's blossom. We've lost nearly all of our blossom on all our trees this year. The walnut was just putting out new leaves the other day, but this cold spell might have done for them too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X