Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    The sun came out at 2pm and it's been blue skies since then. The snow had melted by 4pm so I spent a couple of hours removing more of the turf from the front lawn. There's no lawn left now (just some bits of grass growing between the patches of crocus and daffodil bulbs which I'll leave until the bulbs are over) so I'll be able to sow the wildflower seed when the soil warms up.

I also had time to pull out some of the grass which was taking over from the Cerastium growing in the drystone wall by the path. I really enjoyed myself - it's been the first chance I've had to get outside and work on the garden all week!

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Lovely sunny day here, though a bit windy.
    It's going to go down to -1 tonight, so I've covered my akebia and allotment plum again (the apricot is still covered from last time).

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Sun and lovely first thing then hail/snow on and off all day and a bluster ip of wind at one point. Colder again.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    It was sunny here a little while ago with light rain at the same time,really pretty but no rainbow. Freezing cold tho,my seedlings have never been outside yet,they don’t know of the cold yet,they’re all happy & relaxed

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    I've just brought my tomatoes back inside as it's only 6c in the greenhouse...poor babies!

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    We’ve had snow of and on since 12-ish none has settled though.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    We've just had a proper downpour. First one in weeks. The surface of all the puddles is yellow with pine pollen. My seedlings are outside...

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Woke up this morning to an inch of snow lying over everything. It's now stopped snowing so I'm hoping it'll start to melt soon.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Yesterday it was a mix of snow, sleet, rain and sunshine we only needed fog to complete the set.

Today started out frosty but now the suns out. but we'll see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Sunshine and light frost this morning but the cold northerly wind still has a keen edge to it.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Woke up to patchy snow cover and then it's been alternating snow and hail with bright blue skies and bright sunshine all day. It's normally warmer, drier and less windy at this time of year. The soil, which had dried up nicely ready for planting, is now waterlogged again.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Wind has stopped, clouds have accumulated. Too much to hope for rain, but I've got my fingers crossed even so.

Sorry to hear about everyone's blossom. We've lost nearly all of our blossom on all our trees this year. The walnut was just putting out new leaves the other day, but this cold spell might have done for them too.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Not as cold . Greyyyyyy and drizzle

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    We woke up to 1cm of snow!
    All the magnolia flowers are brown and crispy now...as usual
    Such a shame Nicos. Was on the lotty first thing today, it's cold out there again, 4C but feels much colder.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    We woke up to 1cm of snow!
    All the magnolia flowers are brown and crispy now...as usual

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X