No announcement yet.

Beer, crisps and climate change!..wow!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer, crisps and climate change!..wow!

I"™ve just been reading this article about CO2 emissions.....'tis good to read some good news for a change

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-55207597
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Makes you wonder what the crisp making firms have been doing with the tattie peelings up til now?
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Yes, that is good news, Nicos. These kinds of proofs of principle encourage others too.

Comment

I wonder if they can make whisky flavoured crisps as well................................

Comment

The climate is changing - it affects the whole life, and in particular, agriculture, productivity. All natural cycles have begun to shift and it seems to me that if nothing changes in the near future in favor of restoring balance, there will be trouble. We are actively exploring space and at the same time, we cannot do anything sensible for ourselves, for our home planet. I came across an interesting development called "Improving Agricultural Sustainability using Satellites", but I think that such a thing will initially only be available to state-owned enterprises or very large farms. And the owners of modest farms still need to rely on their own strength.

Comment

Smaller farms have drones and use the images to make a dosing program for there muck spreaders or chemical application.
            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Some farmers are changing their agricultural practices too and moving over to no till and min till. Increasingly fields are now worked without being ploughed. Apart from the savings made by using less diesel, carbon isn't released to atmosphere as the soil is disturbed. The extent of carbon release caused by ploughing is explained quite well in the Kiss The Ground documentary.
              The film (about 1.5hrs long) is on Netflix if you have it or there's a subtitled version currently on YouTube (link below).

Link to film trailer https://kissthegroundmovie.com/?__cf...62_X-dQjNnhjeg
              Link to YouTube film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39akrHEIDBM
              Last edited by Mr Bones; 18-04-2021, 06:39 AM. Reason: Grammer..
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Thanks for the link....definitely something I’ll be watching!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Thanks you for the links

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X