No announcement yet.

First frost dates 2020/2021... for your records

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the flowers are closed tightly until next year now.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6491.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	2512458
    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

1st week of January saw first (and so far only) frosts of winter 20/21: couple of days with grass frost in morning and lasting all day in shade. -1°C air temperature overnight one night and 0°C for a couple of nights.

Greenhouse air minimum of 8°C at that time but that's not very significant because seeds were germinating on a heated sand-tray maintained at 20°C and covered in fleece.

(Far west of Cornwall 800m from sea and 140m up)
      Last edited by quanglewangle; 06-02-2021, 05:14 PM. Reason: Added location details
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

^^^^ Wow, that’s late compared to the rest of us! Is that usual for you?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Is that usual for you?
          Yeh, winter doesn't start until after Christmas and our last frost is usually around second week of March. It's not unusual not to have a frost at all over the winter.

It can feel bitterly cold because we get strong wet winds.but the thermometer still says 4-5°C

When I say frost I mean air at 2m <= 0°C We seldom get ground/grass frost because it's almost never calm enough.

​​​​
          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X