Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First frost for me on Tuesday, had to scrape ice off the car which is unusual for the start of October.
    Fingers crossed my two giant pumpkins will have survived....

Comment

well the first of the heavy morning mists have arrived, and lots of condensation on the car, but no frost yet. Forecast is still 4c+ for here in Zone 6 of NW London for the next couple of weeks at least.
      V.P.
      The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

We had frost on Monday morning I had to defrost the car screen, temperature was 2-3’C, temperature down to 6’C at 20:30 this evening. So far no damage in the poly tunnel but the basil is looking a bit shook, and parsley is starting to die off. Good news is Dill, thyme, lemon thyme and especially the Rosemary are all doing well.

Comment

It is official... First frost here, car and glasshouse glazed over as it dropped to 1c overnight. due to be 4c tonight then back up to around 7c for the next couple of weeks. In the meantime everything that needs to be is in the Glasshouse or mulched up. 1st frost hit the south of Lincolnshire last night as well, according to my spies outside of Boston.

This gardener is off to sunnier climes next week (Madeira, 23c and sunny with 17c at night! )
          V.P.
          The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

We had a really hard frost last night, I was up at 7 this morning for a pee and everywhere was white from frost, almost like a snow scene. I later checked the poly tunnel, everything survived except the basil which is now officially dead, stalks are gone brown. A few of my winter potatoes have a little crinkle on the leaves, but everything else seems gook. I’ve closed the frost window & door tonight.

Comment

Second frost today - first was a few weeks ago, but that felt odd/too early. Now seems like the right time to be getting frost ;-)

Comment

we did and didn't have a frost here the other night - when I went out the other morning the grass was white all over the lawn, but plants like geraniums and dahlias which were outside are still growing OK - I reckon the temp was down to zero briefly, but not long enough or cold enough to knock the tender stuff n the head - I don't have an outside max/min thermometer to be precisely sure.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X