X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m heading to Fuerteventura next Thursday for a long weekend

Comment

Originally posted by muckdiva View Post
      Thanks for this Nicos, hadn’t seen the map before. We’re 1-10th December, though I’m sure it’s usually earlier than that.

I like the Gardenfocused one too - it has my town by name . Have you ever used the planner on there VP?
      I've played around with the planner and it helps suggest what to grow together for a 4 year rotation as well. Pretty handy for me as a beginner. I tend to store my seeds by what needs to be started when... different sections for the months and then the weeks. Always exciting on Saturday mornings, go to the box, what do I get to plant today? Almost like a lucky dip surprise present.
      V.P.
      The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        I maybe need to rethink some of my growing habits, campaign for a greenhouse of some variety...
        Campaign won! Not top priority (kitchen roof comes first, darn it) but it's been agreed. I'll have to get looking into how to hail-proof greenhouses...

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
          Looking at last years dated 24th Sept we had frost and ice, thats only 3 weeks away

"First frost last night for me 4.4c in the GH with ice on any standing water in the garden"
          First frost last night so earlier than last year ice in trugs, and the puddles on the trailer top. If I'd have realised I'd have covered my courgettes with fleece and at least closed the GH door.
          Last edited by Bren In Pots; 08-09-2019, 07:10 AM.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Yikes Bren
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Frost!

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              First frost last night so earlier than last year ice in trugs, and the puddles on the trailer top. If I'd have realised I'd have covered my courgettes with fleece and at least closed the GH door.
              I also woke up to a touch of frost, I saw it on my flat roof extension from the bedroom window.
              Garden thermometer said 3 degrees.

I am now grumpy.
              Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

we had a frost sunday morning as well, very early for here

Comment

First frost today. All gone by 08:00. Doesn't appear to have effected any plants.
                  Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Temp. dropped to 2c last night. If there was frost I was awake too late to spot it. Next 2 weeks are forecast to be +7c at night.
                    Soft herbs are now overwintering in the glass house, and the heavy quilt is coming out of storage and the summer one being packed away. Like wise swapped the sunshine gardening hat for my woolly one, shorts for long trousers, fipflops for clogs/wellies. Come the end of the month I may not see daylight until the weekends as it will be dark for the commute

Welcome to "Gardening by Torch Light"
                    V.P.
                    The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Up too late to see any actual frost, but down to 3C last night here - very early for temps this low
                      Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 03-10-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Sorry (I've said it in several places, hadn't thought about this thread) - lightest dusting on the tops of the cars here in sunny north london

Comment

A touch on the shed roof here too. The crops seem ok but the cucurbit flowers copped it.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Air frost here too.
                            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

I'm sure we've had a touch of frost here too. I've not been up to the allotment for a week or two, so I don't know what damage it has done. Maybe it's time to do the autumn clearing :/
                              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

First frost for us today. Everything still intact though
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X