Scatter Cat

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scatter Cat

I saw an advert in the Observer Magazine for Scatter Cat which it claims repels nuisance animals. I was thinking about the pesky squirrel here who won't leave the bird food alone. It's an ultrasonic thing. Does anybody know anything about this one, or is just another of those gimmicks that don't work. They do offer a money back guarantee.
    Scatter cat

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Sorry Alice, I can't help you with this one. Haven't been bothered by our squirrels all winter for some strange reason. Normally they're a real nuisance here too. Hope some other Grape can help....

Comment

Thanks Wellie, normally our squirrels are just of the very minor nuisance variety and not a real problem. This year we have 4 , all as bold as brass, and not going to be deterred from what they are doing by anybody. Chasing is no good , they have their timing worked out to the second and won't move to the last second. And they're back immediately. They're permanently on the bird feeders and too close to the house for my liking. If I see one on a windowsill I think they will all have to go. Not my style BUT..... Anybody got any suggestions.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Near to where we live, some of the cottages have a home-made chicken wire 'window-grill' that wedges between the windowsill and the frame/open window, so they can let fresh air in, and not fresh squirrels (!)

A place I worked at used to put organic walnuts into squirrel-trapping-cages to entice them in, then once trapped, used to drown them in a tank of water and leave the bodies out on the lawn for the buzzards.
        They caught approximately 60 the year I worked there....
        They start eating a live baby bird from the feet upwards evidently.
        Any good with a gun Alice?!
        (Grapes, NOT advocating use of, or suggesting that Alice does, just adding a hint of humour to a serious problem....)

Comment

squirrels

Originally posted by wellie View Post
          Near to where we live, some of the cottages have a home-made chicken wire 'window-grill' that wedges between the windowsill and the frame/open window, so they can let fresh air in, and not fresh squirrels (!)

A place I worked at used to put organic walnuts into squirrel-trapping-cages to entice them in, then once trapped, used to drown them in a tank of water and leave the bodies out on the lawn for the buzzards.
          They caught approximately 60 the year I worked there....
          They start eating a live baby bird from the feet upwards evidently.
          Any good with a gun Alice?!
          (Grapes, NOT advocating use of, or suggesting that Alice does, just adding a hint of humour to a serious problem....)

gosh

Comment

There's a very determined cat which is on my garden most days stalking the chucks when there are out playing. My RIR has pecked at it several times, the kids use a high power water pistol and OH throws stones at it but still comes back for more. It has also been in my kitchen whe I left the back door open whilst pottering in the greenhouse, I found paw prints all over the window sill

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X