Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version  Name:	image_83026.jpg Views:	5 Size:	605.3 KB ID:	2519057 A push over composter for free

Sorry I am trying to get used to adding pictures the previous picture posts disappeared

Last edited by stevejelf; 28-02-2021, 11:17 PM.
    Bearn, Pyrenees Atlantique France

Comment

• Later out came the tools Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4097 (Large).JPG
Views:	194
Size:	640.7 KB
ID:	2519060

Comment

• Pulled apart and saved the nails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4098 (Large).JPG
Views:	192
Size:	707.9 KB
ID:	2519062

Comment

• What should have been a 60x60x60 bin but I used some additional left overs even used the old nails The idea is once well rotted at the base Iwill just push it over to empty Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4100 (Large).JPG Views:	0 Size:	559.9 KB ID:	2519065​​​
          Last edited by stevejelf; 28-02-2021, 11:30 PM.

Comment

• Spare table knives, the type which have thicker blades can be made a mini saw for cutting through thicker stalks, something that most normal serated knives don't do well. A triangular file is needed and slots cut at alternating 45 degree angles as with carpenter's panel saws. Could even set (bend out) teeth with pliers though have not found that step necessary so far.

Growing on north facing mid weight shallow topsoil, clay subsoil in Falmouth, Cornwall

Comment

• Another recently made tap root weeder
              Growing on north facing mid weight shallow topsoil, clay subsoil in Falmouth, Cornwall

Comment

• I use a bricklayers pointing tool for taproot weeding.
                I found it in a big bag of rusty tools in a skip.
                Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Not strictly a reuse/recycle but more of a repurpose/cost-saver but I made my own carrot seed tape last year with 2-ply toilet paper:

Roll out the required length(s)
                  Split the ply
                  Space out the seeds on the bottom layer
                  Fold the top layer back over
                  Give it a spritz with some water so the layers stick back to themselves
                  Roll the length onto an empty loo-roll inner to make it easier to transport & lay out on the plot

All the benefits of seed tape without the inflated cost. There were a few gaps in the rows but no losses to carrotfly (not meshed) even though they're supposedly rife on our site I'll be giving it a try for parsnips this year too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X