Seed sales and all round good offers.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seed sales and all round good offers.

I thought it would be handy to keep all the end of season offers for the normal garden centres in one place, it should also give people a good idea of where to go in order to get a bargain!

E.g

Wyevale garden centres seem to have a 50% all seeds sale on at the moment. This applies to veggies and flowers but not grass. They are also selling off all their garden furniture stock in a 50% or more off sale.

Does anyone else know of any good deals going at the moment?

(I'd like to pick up another mini plastic greenhouse on the cheap)
    www.myspace.com/alexfcooke
    www.outofthecool.com
    http://polytunneldiaries.blogspot.com/

someone posted about woolworths having heavy discounts on garden stuff like tomato food for £1, hanging baskets for £1, etc
    http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Wilkinsons also have a sale on.
      I'm new to veggies, but trying !

Comment

Just picked up veg & flower seeds up for 5p at Wilkinsons!

Comment

woolworths also had tomato grobags at 50p each..plus little mini greenhouse ( more like a big cloche) for £3...i got 3 and plan to grow peppers under them on the plot next year.
          had to ring up different stores as in my local store one woman ahead of me bought all 7 on the shelf, so words out about these bargins for sure.

Comment

woolies again for me today got
            six pkts seeds 25p for all six!!!!
            greenhouse staging £5
            more tom feed £1
            Extending loppers £4
            must stop calling in just to have a look
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

both my local woolies are small, only about 4ft of shelving for gardening stuff and not much left .... both stores have different stuff ... nothing much of any real use to me ...

but found a nice little desktop water feature thing, battery operated, for £3 as a pressie for a friend who has been whining about wanting a water feature in her garden!
              http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by mandi View Post
                woolworths also had tomato grobags at 50p each..plus little mini greenhouse ( more like a big cloche) for £3...i got 3 and plan to grow peppers under them on the plot next year.
                had to ring up different stores as in my local store one woman ahead of me bought all 7 on the shelf, so words out about these bargins for sure.
                Woolworth for me to
                last week bought a 4 tier poly house for £15.00 this week bought a 4 stage racking for a fiver and lots of other odds and ends for 50 pences and noticed walk in green houses £15.00 which i will buy one this weekend.
                A while back i bought a three shelf poly house for around a tenner from wilkinsons, but i always seem to arrive just as every thing has been sold out !
                And again from woolies a small cold frame poly thing .looks like a foot high greenhouse for £8.00.
                a good put down line to use !

If having brains was a fatal disease, you would be the only survivor.

Comment

Sorry, didn't see this thread when I posted mine about Wyvale.

Still they are selling their seeds at 50p a packet at their Woburn Sands branch
                  I am certain that the day my boat comes in, I'll be at the airport.

Comment

Went out today on a "bargain hunt". We've only got a little Woolworths and a little Wilkinsons in Stafford I asked for seeds in Woolies and got a look as if I'd asked for some dirty fivers out of the till!!! No, don't sell seeds there. Wilkinsons had a few of 3 for 2 offers, but nothing that took my fancy. Think it might be a trip to Wyvale on Sunday since it's forecast rain.
                    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

thompson and morgan are offering (while stocks last) 5 packets of seeds for a pound
                      there is two choices one is 5 different veg seed packets and the other is a flower selection both with a value of over £10 for a pound i think thats worth a purchase x

Comment

our woolies is small but i got today a pair of childs gardening gloves (i have small hands) for 25p, pack of 3 seed trays and a pack of seed modules both 25p each, and a pack of natural slug repellant (grit like stuff) for £1.

Comment

has any Irish grape got details of any offers available in ireland or even buy mail order
                          one years weed is seven years seed

Comment

thompson and morgan deliver worlwide x im in the canary islands and my orders usually arrive within 2 weeks

Comment

Wyevale Ferndown have masses of seeds at 50p a packet and most have a 2010 date on them !!
                              I was like a kid in a sweetie shop and bought 70 packets (embarressed of Dorset ! )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X