Seed sales and all round good offers.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
    A bit too late to the party I imagine, but what are the things in the last photo, they look interesting.
    I'd say they are giant propagators on legs
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
      I'd say they are giant propagators on legs
      Thought they looked like a good way to grow some strawberries off the ground.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

• Just a quick update on the multi seed packet from Aldi for 99p I mentioned - I chitted some Roma tomato seeds from it the other day and got nearly 100% germination - also the internal plastic packing of the seeds was very good, so unopened ones will store well I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
          A bit too late to the party I imagine, but what are the things in the last photo, they look interesting.
          They are raised planters.

A bit like these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	grow tables2small.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	484.1 KB
ID:	2386636

but the quality is not as good. Still, they look like fairly sturdy planters and base and lid for the same price I paid for just the bases of my Elho ones!
          Attached Files

Comment

• They have some potato towers too (not sure I got pictures of those) which I thought looked like they would be good for strawberries (or herbs, loose-leaf lettuce etc)

Comment

• See - propagators on legs! They do look good, but I have raised beds in bags for life instead, slowly swapping them for pallet collars in the back garden. No such luxuries on the allotments

Comment

• Originally posted by self-contained View Post
                They are raised planters.

A bit like these:
                but the quality is not as good. Still, they look like fairly sturdy planters and base and lid for the same price I paid for just the bases of my Elho ones!
                How much were the Lidl ones out of interest. I sent the OH in the way to work and they said there was 30% off, but I think it was only the bases available which might be why. But then I only wanted the base! Would be handy to check we've not overpaid though

It's okay I've just googled it and found the info in cache, as they're no longer listed on the Lidl website:
                Parkside Raised Planter With Cover - £ 19.99
                Size: L79.5 x W39.4 x H88cm
                Capacity: 70L
                Last edited by smallblueplanet; 19-03-2020, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• That's right. I actually like my lids. I think they help give a head start to my sowings, and I'm hoping they will help me overwinter some greens this year (I wasn't organised enough last year to get anything in).

If you get a top and bottom for £13.99 (30% off), that would be an amazing deal! If my Dad would't kill me for buying more stuff before I move later this year, I might be heading back there myself right now

Comment

• Originally posted by self-contained View Post
                    If you get a top and bottom for £13.99 (30% off), that would be an amazing deal! If my Dad would't kill me for buying more stuff before I move later this year, I might be heading back there myself right now
                    Nope, it was bottom only for £13.99, but as I said we only wanted the bottom, gonna try growing some strawberries.

Comment

• Lidl will be selling 3 DK Gardening books @£4.99 each - normally £14.99 - £17.99.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/garden-e...ok/p31073?ar=5

Comment

• Oh cool! I'll be looking for the indoor one. I have the other two

Comment

• I have the other 2 too!

Comment

• Fryers in Knutsford have most of their bulbs on sale for 1 / 1.50. They are part of the blue diamond group but it may not be a national offer so check with your local site before travelling.
                            Last edited by shadow75; 23-05-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• Are there any good supermarket deals just now on gardening stuff?
                              I'm looking for tomato food concentrate (any brand incl. supermarket own brand)
                              Gravel trays
                              Chicken manure
                              Other feeds
                              Plant labels
                              Plant ties, clips

I don't drive so it's a bit of a mission getting to the supermarkets

Comment

• Morrisons had loads of bags of compost out - no idea about price - they also had quite a good selection of soft fruit in pots for £2 a throw.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X