Gardening With Children

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening With Children

I just thought as my 2 year old is very interested in gardening, and loves helping that I would share a couple of photos taken recently of her in action.

Andrew

Attached Files

Aww! Attagirl
    Horticultural Hobbit

http://twitter.com/#!/HorticulturalH
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horti...085870?sk=info

http://horticulturalhobbit.com/

Comment

Catch them young

Comment

She is brilliant, the rain doesn't bother her in the slightest, just a shame more young children don't get the chance to be in the gardening environment.

Comment

Great to see!

I have been trying to get my 3 yr old doing stuff with me this year. Trouble is, if it ain't a dinosaur he has a rapid loss of focus. I refuse to give in though and have several ideas to get him more involved!
          While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

My youngest grandson (5 years old) is very much into dinosaurs as well but is still keen on gardening. Little sod tells me he is a paleontologist. 5 years old and he is a flemmin paleontologist? Don't ya just admire their whatsit

Comment

p.s. he's maybe 6 ?

Comment

Sounds like he has been watching Dino Dan.

Precociousness?!
                While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

He was 2lb10oz at birth and scared the hell out of us. We were terrified he might not be the full shilling but he's as bright as a button. If he says he's a paleontologist, we're all happy for him to be a paleontologist, in fact we are now actively encouraging him in that direction.

Comment

When my eldest was 3 he helped me plant hyacinths into bowls. "Nice and cosy" he said as we put the compost around the bulbs. Fifteen years on, guess what I say every time I pot up the hyacinths for spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                      My youngest grandson (5 years old) is very much into dinosaurs as well but is still keen on gardening. Little sod tells me he is a paleontologist. 5 years old and he is a flemmin paleontologist? Don't ya just admire their whatsit
                      Sounds like me at that age. I grew out of the dinosaurs but not the science - I'm a physicist now.
                      March is the new winter.

Comment

It's quite bizarre,my dad tried to get me into it when I was younger, but all I wanted to do was fly an aeroplane and was not interested. When I moved in with my partner I suddenly became hooked on gardening, however learnt to fly a plane and work as an aircraft engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                          AP - If he hasn't already got them you should get him the Nigel Marvin DVD set - my eldest grandson was hooked on these when he was 4 or 5 and could pronounce all the dinosaur names - he was getting 10 out of 10 at the quiz on dinosaurs contained at the end of the programme/s.

I enjoyed watching them myself
                          Last edited by Sheneval; 12-04-2013, 08:14 PM.
                          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Haha I got my Son into helping me in the garden as well, he is 3 and he also loves Dinosaurs infact...
                            When he was 2 we went to Argos and there was a dinosaur train dinosaur and of course he wanted it so I said if he wanted it he had to tell me what it was. Cue me standing there mouth agog when he said ''it's a Triceratops, silly daddy'' so then I had to buy it
                            My new Blog.

http://jamesandthegiantbeetroot.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by WendyC View Post
                              When my eldest was 3 he helped me plant hyacinths into bowls. "Nice and cosy" he said as we put the compost around the bulbs. Fifteen years on, guess what I say every time I pot up the hyacinths for spring.
                              I love this story. I'll be saying it from now on too. Shame they have to grow up isn't it?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X