How will I compost moss

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will I compost moss

After scarifying my lawn? I have several bags of moss, what is the best way to use this, do I compost it with all the other garden waste, could it be mixed and composted with cardboard or would I be better to keep it in the bags and let it decompose?
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

I'd mix it well with some "browns", e.g. your cardboard. If you put it in the compost bin as one clump it doesn't rot well. I know I've done it!

Comment

When I spread the compost the moss started to grow in clumps around the plot - so I don't use it any more in my bin

Comment

Just scarified my lawns too - although they'll need another going over. If you grow potatoes or runners/french beans, line your trench with it as it retains moisture well, as do grass clipping.
        Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

I don't put it on the compost heap. I feel that just helps it to spread ...

Birds use moss to line their nests. If you leave it in a pile in the hedge or somewhere I'm sure they'd be grateful for it.
          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
          Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X