Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    It looks like someone's been around them with a hole punch ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    I need to either buy or make a second insect house the bees soon fill all the holes in the one I have.
    It's fascinating watching them.
    The leafcutter bees do make a mess of the rose leaves though, don't they?

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    I need to either buy or make a second insect house the bees soon fill all the holes in the one I have.
    It's fascinating watching them.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    I clean my bird boxes (bluetit) in autumn, because they are usually occupied right through late autumn and winter, then used for nesting in spring. I have 3, two are taken by the resident pair, one each, and the third goes to whoever can hang on to it. The bluetits do a bit of house cleaning themselves before building nests.

I was given an insect hotel for Christmas, but that needn't be hung up till spring when the bees are about. My old one needs the back replacing, so I need to scrounge a suitable sized piece of wood to do that.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    started a topic Bird boxes/ insect houses etc 2022

Bird boxes/ insect houses etc 2022

I was just thinking that maybe this year I can get ahead of myself with sorting out wildlife boxes before they are actually needed

I found this thread from last year…
    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ect-houses-etc

I thought it might be good to clean up existing ones ( including bird feeders) and maybe make a few more, before actual gardening distracts me.

Anyone else got any wildlife projects?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X