Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pond cam

Evening all!

We put a pond in during lockdown 1 and have found ourselves spending ages each day staring into it's depths for a glimpse of frog or newt (both have been sighted, we know they are lurking!!)! just wondered if there was a pond equivalent of those motion sensor trail cams people have for foxes etc in the garden? Nothing fancy, doesn't' need to wifi or give a live feed, but something that could sit in the pond for a few days, be lifted out and then the pictures checked. My googling has found some very expensive, wired live feed cameras mainly aimed at people with ornamental fish ponds or waterproof gopro types things but it would not be motion detected, I'd have to take the pics myself via remote while the camera is under water (which slightly defeats the purpose as if I could see what was underwater I'd not need the camera!).

Thanks in advance as always!
    If it ain't broke...fix it til it is!

You need to look for camera models with a motion sensitivity setting. I say banal things, but there are cameras that will react to a bee. But I'm not an expert in such devices, you'd better consult an electronics store.

Comment

What a great idea!
      We have a motion sensor wildlife camera trap but it’s not submersible . Can’t help sorry, but I love the concept
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        What a great idea!
        We have a motion sensor wildlife camera trap but it’s not submersible . Can’t help sorry, but I love the concept
        Yes, we also have a more general garden one and I recently bought a pond book which had some under water pics in it which is what sparked my interest! I just figured surely someone had made a waterproof case for a bog standard wildlife cam?? (spoiler - it seems not....)
        If it ain't broke...fix it til it is!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X