No announcement yet.

Closing down the garden for winter

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit early for those of us in the beautiful south to be closing down, but my mind is turning to it.

Started re-composting beds for the year. I'm going to have to re-cardboard a few for serious weeds. Tomatoes have come down (blight) already, and the beans died off early and need clearing.

Other than that, I'll be turning the compost heap in the dash for more compost, mowing the lawns (for compost and to improve wildflower chances next year) and tidying. Got to plant garlic and broad beans for overwintering

Comment

Originally posted by bikermike View Post
      Bit early for those of us in the beautiful south to be closing down, but my mind is turning to it.
      Same here. Pretty much everything is still growing in my garden and allotment, and I won't be getting frosts until at least mid-November.

I have cleared 4 of my melon plants, as they died for some reason (it looked like the roots rotted), and I cleared my three volunteer tomato plants, as they had all been struck down by blight (the blight resistant ones I sowed myself are still going strong), but otherwise it's still all growing and should do well into October.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X