Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am going to try and get a pic of the blue tits nesting in a box on the house. They are in and out all the time. Also saw a peacock butterfly in the front garden but didn’t move quick enough to get a photo.

Comment

• Foxes are a problem on the allotments at the moment - climbing up onto poly tunnels, jumping on and trashing nets and cloches and digging up new plants. Snapped this one tearing holes in my neighbours tarpaulin that he'd used to cover his newly delivered horse manure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fox.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	821.8 KB
ID:	2544798
      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Foxes eat mice,voles & pigeons tho theres probably a mouse nest somewhere,hopefully they’re there to rid the plots of pests & all your plants can grow peacefully

Comment

• If our disgraceful dogs are anything to go by, the fox will be eating the muck.

Comment

• The foxes that come in our garden have been pulling up my peas. Had to create a kind of barrier to dissuade them. They brought a random half chewed glove in the other night - can only assume they were playing with it. I do love them though so forgive them any minor damage and the fact that they poop on things like my sons’s footballs.

Comment

• I think this may be a goldfinch. Mobile phone picture so quality not too good.

Name:	IMG_20220502_095229.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	2545006
              I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• It is indeed

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                  It is indeed
                  Thanks. Not good at bird id.
                  I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• I think this is an Alder Leaf Beetle. Fairly rare but slowly making a comeback.

Name:	Alder-Leaf-Beetle.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	507.7 KB
ID:	2545169
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Red Admiral this morning.

Name:	IMG_20220515_111836.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	2545777

Comment

• Been watching blackbirds landing on the mahonia and eating lots of the purple berries. Tried to ge5 a photo but scared them away.

Comment

• Foxgloves just starting to come up on the path.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Compress_20220524_201647_7880.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.39 MB ID:	2546347

Couple more days and I'll strim down the primroses. Seems brutal but they come up stronger each year.
                          Last edited by quanglewangle; 24-05-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• One of the resident robins at the allotment has baggy pants.
                            It appears to be doing all the normal robin duties such as taking food away to a nest.

Name:	IMG_2302C.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	2546600 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2312C.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	2546601
                            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220606_112452.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	868.1 KB
ID:	2546917 Bee on allium

Comment

• Swarm of honey bees settled in a quince tree. I walked past the hive just as they were swarming ... very noisy and I got bee poo on me

Name:	Swarm.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	622.7 KB
ID:	2547141

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...