Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I net the beds untill things like spuds come up. It's never got too bad, but can understand why with some wearing down one would get brutal with them

Comment

ive done all the above and used all the plants peppers and stuff for the past 12 yrs after awhile none work ,I am now using tea bags soaked in jays fluid dotted about the garden ! it seems to be working for now ! atb Dal ps the sonics don't work for long either .
      Last edited by Derbydal; 10-05-2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks will note the Jays fluid system. Agree sonics only work for a while, and they only last for a while ie my 3 year old one has died. Anybody tried the below motion jet spray, suspect would give them a good scare for a while if works

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PestBye-Bat...perated+Motion
        Last edited by It never rains..it pours; 10-05-2018, 08:43 PM. Reason: forgot to post link

Comment

I don't know about others' cats, but I have three cat litter trays for my cats, and some of them simply prefer to have a poop outside in my raised bed. I can therefore only assume that they like to poop elsewhere in other people's gardens too, and no litter trays in the world will change that. At least I know the trays I have isn't affecting their choices. This time of year they rarely need emptying, and I really wish they'd use them.
          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
            I don't know about others' cats, but I have three cat litter trays for my cats, and some of them simply prefer to have a poop outside in my raised bed. I can therefore only assume that they like to poop elsewhere in other people's gardens too, and no litter trays in the world will change that. At least I know the trays I have isn't affecting their choices. This time of year they rarely need emptying, and I really wish they'd use them.
            Have you tried changing the type of cat litter? Just a thought.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Try the S@insbury's ultra clumping litter - my cats love it, and the trays don't smell at all!
              He-Pep!

Comment

We collected lots of 'shovel it yourself' soil improver from our local councils once a year giveaway last Sunday. I sprinkled 3 bags over my front garden flower beds (communal cat toilet) Sunday afternoon as additional mulch because it's south facing. I noted this morning that it remains undisturbed. I put that down to the fresh strong oder it had, but suspect that won't last much longer.
                Doesn't help for the erst of the year though.

Comment

Doesn't Two_Sheds compost dog poo for her non edibles?
                  Not sure if they are fed on a veggie diet though
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by It never rains..it pours View Post
                    Thanks will note the Jays fluid system. Agree sonics only work for a while, and they only last for a while ie my 3 year old one has died. Anybody tried the below motion jet spray, suspect would give them a good scare for a while if works

I've got one of those which I used at the old house to deter next door's cat. I think it worked to a certain extent but I never actually saw it activated by the cat. I, on the other hand, set it off loads of times.
                    Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

have you tried moving the sonics around? I have one high up to cover the main part of the garden where cats come in, and another on a stake I move about. arranging one where they are most likely to enter the garden is a good trick

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
                        Have you tried changing the type of cat litter? Just a thought.
                        Oh they love the cat litter that I buy (crystal stuff from one of the bargain shops), but at this time of year, four out of seven cats prefer to go outside. They always have. The others still use the trays
                        https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by It never rains..it pours View Post

I had terrible problems with cats and foxes (if you've ever put your hand in fox poo you'd understand) - even after covering the beds with a wooden frame and netting they used to just take a dump ON TOP of the suspended netting

I bought the branded version of that , I think it was contech water scarecrow ? it was 3 times the price of the one in the link ! It was worth it's weight in gold. There were a few soggy moments when I forgot to turn it off and walked past and it did need to be carefully positioned so netting structures didn't block the sensor; but it solved my problems completely.

Only useful with mains water pressure and above freezing though, must find mine again- it's in the garden somewhere.

Comment

I even found cat poo in the middle of our lawn that hubby had just mowed - if the dog had seen the cat I don't think it would come back but more than likely he did the dirty deed in the night.

Comment

When I was a zoo keeper. We used to sell lion poo for people to put on their gardens to deter cats.

Comment

Originally posted by bikermike View Post
                                have you tried moving the sonics around? I have one high up to cover the main part of the garden where cats come in, and another on a stake I move about. arranging one where they are most likely to enter the garden is a good trick
                                yep I moved it about the garden and even put it on the gate ,then I but it in the bin! atb Dal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X