No announcement yet.

Something New - Jalapeņo

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then you'll just have to take your pick of all the Jalapenos and hope for the best. I don't eat chillies so haven't got a clue!!

Comment

I'm not a chilli expert, but the last few years I've grown "Early Jalapeno" from Real Seeds. They have been very easy and reliable for me, maybe worth a try.
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryleh View Post
        I'm trying Jalapeņo NuMex Piņata this year, they are a variety that goes from yellow to orange to red in colour rather than the standard green and supposedly a bit hotter.
        That's a variety that's been on my wishlist for a while. Have you got any germinated yet?

I grow Santa Fe Grande which goes through the same colour changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
          That's a variety that's been on my wishlist for a while. Have you got any germinated yet?

I grow Santa Fe Grande which goes through the same colour changes.
          Yes, I’ve got three germinated. One about a foot tall but leggy and the other two about 2 inch. All sown at same time!

Kind Regards.............Rob
          Last edited by Dynamite; 15-04-2018, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
            Yes, I’ve got three germinated. One about a foot tall but leggy and the other two about 2 inch. All sown at same time!

I harvested my first one the other day from my two plants(one died). I was hoping for more fruit to be honest. Big plant but not many fruit. Don’t know if that’s normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
              Here's a couple of recipes

Quick Pickled Jalapeno Rings Recipe - Allrecipes.com

https://www.foodiewithfamily.com/candied-jalapenos/ ( sweet pickled, called Cowboy candy, I can't recommend it highly enough )
              Tried to make Cowboy Candy last night. Just say food processor was not a good idea but finished the job and have 3 jars. ended up with quite a bit of sweet chilli sauce.... Hold that thought.

Also made Tomato, Apple, Chilli chutney. 4 jars

And a hot, Tomato, Apple, Chilli + cowboy sauce chutney. Initial taste very good. 3 jars

Thanks for the link

Comment

Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
                Tried to make Cowboy Candy last night. Just say food processor was not a good idea but finished the job and have 3 jars. ended up with quite a bit of sweet chilli sauce.... Hold that thought.

Also made Tomato, Apple, Chilli chutney. 4 jars

And a hot, Tomato, Apple, Chilli + cowboy sauce chutney. Initial taste very good. 3 jars

Thanks for the link
                I made cowboy candy on Monday used 6lb of jalapeņos . I had loads of sauce left as well. I bottled it and going to use it for the next batch. Which will probably be tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X