X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandspider View Post
    Trying tolikeyour post pen but can't
    ibpl
    I can like posts, but I can't find out how to tell who has liked a post, which seems somewhat pointless! Believe it or not, it has taken about 10 minutes for me to like 2 posts and post this reply. This is why I am posting a LOT less on this forum at present.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Pen -to find out who has liked your posts click the speech type bubble on the right hand side of the 'like' button. It will give you the list of names

Keep posting Pen -we look forward to your posts!
      We're all hoping this site gets sorted soon...it is very frustrating but hopefully it'll be over soon.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Pen -to find out who has liked your posts click the speech type bubble on the right hand side of the 'like' button. It will give you the list of names

Keep posting Pen -we look forward to your posts!
        We're all hoping this site gets sorted soon...it is very frustrating but hopefully it'll be over soon.
        Thanks Nicos. When I click that bubble nothing happens. Its the logical place to try to see who has liked the post. Hopefully they will sort this stuff out in the end. In the meantime I will keep trying to post when I have time and can get the forum to work.
        Last edited by Penellype; 25-05-2020, 07:28 AM.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Yes, bubble doesn't work for me, either.

But yes, keep posting Pene. You are my weather guru go-to. xx

Comment

• As an aside Pen and 1bee...can you let us know what devices you are using and which operating systems you are using ( pm me if you prefer) so we can get this looked into?

Comment

• How long is this heatwave going to go on for Pen?...any rain forecast in the near future? (I'm just wondering whether or not to transfer some stored water to make space for more rainwater- it's more handy to leave it where it is if there's no rain due)
              thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                Yes, bubble doesn't work for me, either.

But yes, keep posting Pene. You are my weather guru go-to. xx
                Thanks 1Bee

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  How long is this heatwave going to go on for Pen?...any rain forecast in the near future? (I'm just wondering whether or not to transfer some stored water to make space for more rainwater- it's more handy to leave it where it is if there's no rain due)
                  thanks.
                  The warm/hot, dry weather is due to last until at least Monday. The high pressure is forecast to weaken on Tuesday, allowing showers into Scotland and possibly further south, although amounts of rain are likely to be small and not everywhere will get any. More widespread showers may develop towards the end of next week, but bear in mind this is outside the reliable timeframe. I would leave your water where it is at least over the weekend.

What all of the models are picking up on is a change to cooler weather around the middle of next week, with the wind swinging round to the north. This looks disturbingly similar to what happened earlier in May when we had a couple of cold, windy days and a very cold night. It is some way off and hopefully will be moderated, because as the models are currently seeing it it looks like a serious problem for tender plants. I will update nearer the time.

Comment

• Thanks Pen

Comment

• Right, I'm holding off on planting any more squashes until after then....

Comment

• Penellype is this cold snap gonna fall next weekend do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by ghexton View Post
                          Penellype is this cold snap gonna fall next weekend do you think?
                          It is definitely going to get colder starting from Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday depending on how far north you are. Expect at least a 10 degree drop in daytime temperatures. As an example, maximums here in York are expected to be between 11C and 13C from Wednesday until Sunday followed by a slow rise.

How low night time temperatures go is not yet certain - next weekend is too far off for any sort of certainty yet. The problem is being caused by the high pressure that is currently over us drifting west. As the air flow is clockwise round high pressure, this drags the wind down from the north. The question is, where does that air originate. When we had the cold snap in May (caused by a similar process) the air was coming straight down from the north pole. If that happens again there will be a definite risk of ground frost particularly in the north and in vulnerable rural areas further south. The air is less cold over the pole in June than it is in May, so it is unlikely to be as cold as last time. Currently the models have backed off that particular scenario, although they still have the air coming from a long way north.

All I can advise at this stage is that people are aware that this warm weather is not going to continue and some cold or possibly even frosty nights are likely. On the plus side there is a little more potential rain in the forecast today than there was yesterday, but as this is also still several days off for southern and eastern areas, this could change again.

Comment

• Today is the last of the warm dry days for most as the cold air starts to move south. There is much more in the way of rain in the forecast too, although as this is mainly showery at first, some places may stay dry. At the moment the coldest nights appear to be Thursday and Friday with temperatures down to 1s and 2s in the north:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fri min temps.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	365.5 KB
ID:	2497843

On Friday night the cold air extends further south:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat min temps.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	2497844

This is still far enough away to change, and in my experience the GFS minimum temperatures can be around 3 degrees out either way even for the coming night. Days will be much cooler too with a lot less sunshine than we have been used to.

Comment

• It's clouding up here nicely - I think I can manage the temperature drop if we only get some rain....

Comment

• Originally posted by 1Bee View Post
                                It's clouding up here nicely - I think I can manage the temperature drop if we only get some rain....
                                Certainly cooler and cloudier here bee. Had a few spots of rain but its stopped again.
                                Northern England.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X