No announcement yet.

Show us ya pond!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No probs Bill.......They are in their quarantine tank at the moment..........
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

That is looking brill Bigmal!! Put some saxifrage and sedums on your stones and they'll cover the plastic up - stay evergreen too. Mine are slowly covering out black plastic Well done
      You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

Impressive job. It looks really good

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Looks good, couple of creases visible in the liner mind..!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum mobile app

Comment

Shurrup................
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Finnito

Well, for a first attempt I'm fairly pleased with the result. Will be better when the plants become more established.

Attached Files

Comment

You've done a grand job there BM

Comment

"Well Smart"

"Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Hey that bridge could be handy, if the tax man calls you could sit on the island and lift the bridge! Its going to look brilliant once the plants get established and that wont take long.
                    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Cheers Bill...........gees I'm aching this morning humpin all that gravel............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                        Cheers Bill...........gees I'm aching this morning humpin all that gravel............
                        What were you doing carrying it in yer breeches laddie.

Coming along tidy like, I don't see a deckchair for fishing though, and when the paying guests arrive for the grand opening you'll have to have some cover for them.

Top banana BM.
                        I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

Cheers Mikey, it's all in hand..............

Comment

This is how my pond looked when I inherited it in 2009. it didn't have a proper membrane and the water was leaking at a level about a foot from the top.

It wasn't my main job on the allotment at the time so I just let it go. This is what it was like just prior to me putting a new membrane in.

And this is it with the new membrane in place.

And the finished article with a few of the original plants put back in. This was in 2010.

And finally how it looks today.

Attached Files

Comment

I took this photo of the pond yesterday. The goldfish are making a rare appearance and the rhubarb has grown a bit lol.

in this pic which I took today the tulips have opened up a bit more.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Dynamo; 16-04-2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Here's mine - looking a mess in Winter. All the Water Lily planting baskets seem to float to the surface in winter - I wonder why that is? Plus all the branches that fall, and the rotting leaves ... all makes for a lot of work in the Spring to sort out ...

This was May 2012
                                K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X