Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate8me
    replied
    Capz, they look fantastic. I love your netting, I may have to invest in some for my RB next year as caterpillar decimated my cabage & kale.

May I ask where you bought it from, how you peg it down & how you tend to the plants (is there an easy access opening)? Oh and is it wind resistant?

Leave a comment:

• cazp
    replied
    Hello All. Thought I would post some pics of the square foot gardens as they are today... will continue with this method as despite a poor year weather wise they have been very productive..

Already growing follow on crops in many of the squares. They contain

Left bed. Parsnips, chard, pack choi, chinese cabbage, various lettuce, 3 types of carrot, kohlrabi, swiss chard, spring onions (up trellis) sweet millions tomatoes, two types of bean.

Right bed. Swiss chard, 2 types red beetroot and 1 type golden beet, lettuce, celery, brussel sprout, spinach, rocket, leeks, chard. (Up trellis) cousa courgette, 2 types of bean.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cazp; 01-09-2012, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Update: There is a square foot bed under there somewhere.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lukens
    replied
    Originally posted by cazp View Post
    Has anyone grown crystal lemon cucumbers in a square foot bed up a trellis and if so were they a success?

I have two seedlings, both looking great adn wondered if I could get away with two in a square... I will be training them up a trellis.
    I'm guessing it's a bit late to answer this now, but I think unless you're going to do a lot of pruning, then 2 per square is too much.

I've got one per square foot, and they're not even half way up my trellis but are already getting rather crowded.

Everything I'm growing has suddenly got very bushy though. My second sowing of dwarf beans are spilling out of their square, my calabrese and broccoli too, and four swedes in a square is starting to look very crazy.

Leave a comment:

• thegreatcob
    replied
    The is good blog post about mix planting squares on the square mel barthomews blog

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X