Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lukens
    replied
    You can see in my photos above I have a kind of mesh tent over my turnips (to try and keep out the root flys). The main issue is it's made it quite shaded and the turnips are rather leggy. The square behind is also really shaded, but I've popped a lettuce in there, which will hopefully appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• cazp
    replied
    ... I am considering protecting my leeks (9 per square) from leek moth with an enviromesh "tent" over the one square. I'm a bit concerned though that the leeks might get too hot and be too confined under there. Anyone tried mesh tents and do they work?

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Originally posted by cazp View Post
    All looking really good Lukens - lots of variety. What type of lettuce are the red crinkly ones?
    Looks a tad like Ruby Red.

lettuce Goddess Diet Plan Pr Ntr Kmt

Leave a comment:

• Chocolate8me
    replied
    Cazp they look like beetroot, I've got some in my raised bed along with lots of other crammed in veg...

I tried square foot gardening but got it a little wrong. It's my first year so had no idea how big certain veg grew.

In my 6'x4' raised bed I have mange tout, broccoli, cabbage, spring onions, red onions, beetroot, parsnip, sweetcorn & did have radish (but they've been eaten).

The broccoli is too big so I will be growing them in pots next year. Sweetcorn have just stopped growing, mange tout has taken over, spring onions look like they may be big enough next spring, same with the beetroot & red onion. Parsnip looks like it's doing ok though.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• lukens
    replied
    I'm afraid I don't know, they're from a mixed varieties pack from Chiltern Seeds. I checked the site and it doesn't even list the varieties included, just gives a few examples.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X