Heavy rain and freshly sown seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavy rain and freshly sown seeds

Yesterday I did some seed sowing and this evening possible heavy rain and thunderstorms are forecast. Should I try to cover the seed bed to stop the seeds being washed away?

I'd cover them either with a cloche or a piece of plastic.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      I'd cover them either with a cloche or a piece of plastic.
      Thanks. I thought they might get washed away. A fw years ago I tried two rows of carrots but I think the watering washed much of the seed away even though I used a can with a fine rose.

I have probably ensured that the storms will go round me now, despite the fact the rest of the garden needs water.

Comment

I'm probably too late but couple of layers of fleece might be good. Would allow the water through but absorb some of the energy in the raindrops.
        I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
          I'm probably too late but couple of layers of fleece might be good. Would allow the water through but absorb some of the energy in the raindrops.
          Not too late for the next storm. I like the idea of letting some water through. It seems that seed sowing is attracting warnings of thunder storms. Another possible tonight or it might go round as the last one did.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X