Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brought back a big sack full of brassica plants and other assorted woody bits from the allotment for shredding.

Comment

• Started to work turned part of the grassy comfrey patch into a veg bed (I don't really use the comfrey much, so I don't really need four massive plants).
      Started by marking out the edges of the bed I want, then I skimmed all the turf off, removed the bindweed and couch grass roots from the turf, and stacked it to one side. I've now started double digging the soil underneath, burying some turf at the bottom of each trench.

Comment

• Repotted a few more tomatoes and planted my second earlies. also repotted a few house plants.

Comment

• Moved my jostaberry cuttings to their final positions.
          The strimmer man came today to do all the paths, so I raked some grass up for more compost heap.
          Sowed another gutter of mangetout peas.

Comment

• Planted mixed lettuce into buckets and troughs. Moved plants from the GH to the cold frame.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Planted out all my sweet peas.
              Potted on my tomato plants.
              Planted my trailing geraniums in window boxes which will go out when the weather is warmer.
              Sowed more cosmos and zinnia seeds.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Shredded all my accumulated prunings and brassica plants, then took half of it up to the allotment. I also raked up a bit more grass whilst there.

Comment

• Yesterday was like Christmas! My wonderful neighbour knew I was after another greenhouse and yesterday he turned up with one that a friend was getting rid of, it's 8x6, complete with lots of staging, 5 heated propagators and a couple of wall troughs!

How lucky am I!

Now we just have to work out where it is going to go, clean it and work out how to put it back together. Fun days ahead indeed

Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                  Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                  https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                  Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Congrats on your new GH and accessories Peanut.

I've planted out my sweet peas, found places to put the last of the lettuce then weeded the GH borders and tubs.

Comment

• I planted a big batch of seeds for starting on window ledges.
                      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• 2 bulk bags of compost arrived today so will be spreading that round the garden in the next few days. My son offered to help but only if I paid him.

Comment

• Second day of hardening off tomatoes, cucumbers and chillies. Need to move them out of the propagators before they move out by themselves.
                          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Dug over the to-be sweet corn plot. We aim to be self-sufficient in sweet corn.
                            I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
                              Second day of hardening off tomatoes, cucumbers and chillies. Need to move them out of the propagators before they move out by themselves.
                              How long have they been in a propagator? They will get leggy quickly if they stay on heat for long. I take them out of the propagator when they germinate and onto windowsills until they are ready to go out to the greenhouse during the day.

Comment

• I've been out and about most of the day but I did get my toms potted on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X