Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I sowed cabbage Vertus, edible lupin, giant chard and lettuce Red salad bowl.

Comment

• Just some micro greens today.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• 8 more pots of moonlight runner beans & 2 more pots of spring onions….my celebration runner beans didn’t germinate (out of date),so I’ve put the rest of the seeds inside wet tissue in a bag to see if any of them will germinate.
        Also just sowed two lettuce,marvel of four seasons & sioux in cell trays indoors.
        Last edited by Jungle Jane; 30-05-2022, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
          8 more pots of moonlight runner beans & 2 more pots of spring onions….my celebration runner beans didn’t germinate (out of date),so I’ve put the rest of the seeds inside wet tissue in a bag to see if any of them will germinate.
          Also just sowed two lettuce,marvel of four seasons & sioux in cell trays indoors.
          None of the celebration runner beans have germinated,that’s not much of a celebration all the moonlight beans are germinating,six showing green they're only just emerging from the compost. I’ve got eight older bean plants so this should be enough. There’s also three perennial runner beans out there in the soil that look bigger than my own plants,I need to get some sticks in for them,it’s good we had rain all night & morning,easier to get the sticks in isn’t it

Comment

• A sprinkle of Radishes and spring onions today.

Comment

• Today, radishes, dill and basil.
              Tomorrow I'm planning to sow dwarf beans and more carrots (first batch of seedlings all munched by snails)

Comment

• A couple of days ago I potted up chitted Swift sweetcorn after I put the first lot outside in trays and the birds decimated them.
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• More cavolo nero and cauliflower (Jerome) to give away.

Comment

• I’m doing an experiment this year of growing late tomatoes. Roma’s determinate. Seeded them today.
                    I’m based In east London.

Comment

• Endive and radicchio for winter salad. Yellow beetroot only as we didn’t like the white one, the taste was a bit mwaaah.
                      Primo cabbage for hopefully late autumn. Perpetual spinach as its been rubbish at germinating so far both sown direct and in modules and is usually so reliable. Some kind of later lettuce probably Marvel of 4 seasons.
                      More basil.

Comment

• A pinch of radish seed in a plant pot.

Comment

• Hi All,
                          Bren - Did the head you sowed in your thumbnail do any good ?.... Seriously though what seeds are quick and good to harvest considering the three or four months decent weather left any suggestions or anybody else care to chip in ?

I am a bout to pot on Cucumber and a couple of Tomatoes ( Yes I know the Toms are late.. ) I suppose really all Veg needs to be in by now but hey! you never really know do you so just thought I would ask especially living in central Warwickshire.

Geoff.
                          Last edited by 1batfastard; 02-07-2022, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Geoff I sow a few radishes, spring onions and lettuce every few weeks.
                            Then late August I sow my winter lettuce either Artic king or All year Round they go in the GH border once my toms have finished if the toms are late ripening I pot them up in pots/troughs/buckets.
                            Winter lettuce does fine left in the garden unless its a really bad winter. cloches do help though.

Comment

• Hi All,
                              Bren - Sad to admit it but there are very few salad options open to me for my taste, I like Cucumber and lettuce that's it. Tomatoes I like the soup and chopped with a Full English or mixed in with whatever cooking wise but otherwise not for me,

It's the same with Strawberries love the flavoured whatever but can't eat the real thing. It's the same for a lot of food wouldn't touch the real thing but can eat different flavoured items apart from GARLIC!!!! It's my devils food item just like Sweetcorn is for Danny Malllin the Youtuber Rate My Take Away

But I'll give your suggestions a go and see how I do because the wife and daughter like most of the sald drawer items, many thanks. I have also posted a Garlic and Teasel update if your interested.

Geoff.
                              Last edited by 1batfastard; 05-07-2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Hi All,
                                Got a nice surprise this morning found out that my Hosta mix ? seeds are actually alive and have decided to show they're faces I think 5aproximately, this after I had given up all hope as they had been sown weeks ago ( 31/05 ).

Now I have to pass the news on to the chap who sent replacements I found this guy Mark on Ebay and have not looked back since his Hosta's are top draw IMHO.

If your looking a for a new Hosta give the guy a checkout he has a really good variety of choice and his customer service is also 1st class his Ebay handle is ( tranz4m ) why not visit his site in the link below ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/tranz4m?m...&ul_noapp=true

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hosta 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.6 KB ID:	2548693

Geoff.
                                Last edited by 1batfastard; 07-07-2022, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X