Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamsoth
    replied
    Thanks for the replies, thats a relief. And interesting to know I could plant the broken shoots for a crop of smaller potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    I agree with Nick, they'll be fine but maybe take off the damaged shoots before planting, especially any that are soft or smelly.

Leave a comment:

• Plot70
    replied
    If the broken sprouts are still green they can also be planted for a crop of smaller tubers a little later in the season.

Leave a comment:

• nickdub
    replied
    Yes they're fine, just not had enough sunlight to keep the sprouts short. Some people would run them clean, but I'd just plant as is trying not to break the long sprouts off.

Leave a comment:

• Mamsoth
    started a topic Are these seed potatoes ok?

Are these seed potatoes ok?

Im new to potato growing, I've just received an order of seed potatoes (see photo). Notice the 10 or so large shoots that have been ripped off the tubers during transit. Some of the shoots that are still attached look limp and broken and well, rotten, there is a very slight smell coming off them. Is this perfectly fine and normal or will my potatoes be adversely effected? The tubers themselves are not soft and from my limited knowledge appear to be ok.

Would really appreciate any help anyone is able to offer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mamsoth; 14-05-2021, 10:55 AM.

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X