What ever happened to ....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ever happened to ....

Mini Veg? a few years ago all the seed companies used to promote certain varieties as Mini veg - ideal for close spacing ... they don't seem to do that anymore or at least none of the seed catalogs I've seen . do they think we've all got huge gardens again now ?

Apart from Little gem lettuce and Idol Cauli's I can't remember the others ... I was thinking of trying a few in big pots.
    Last edited by Nicos; 08-03-2021, 12:08 PM.
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

I grow Minicole cabbages, not to save space but because I can't manage a whole cabbage on my own and cabbage does not freeze well. Last year supplies were all over the place but this year no problem. Any good? Do you grow cabbage?
    East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

If you want a small iceberg-type lettuce I can recommend Warpath. Valmaine (green) and Relic (red) are narrow, upright lettuces which take up little space.
      Last edited by Penellype; 08-03-2021, 11:35 AM.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Mini cucumbers are usually good,I tried climbing courgette in two pots & in the ground last year & I’ll never grow that again,tiny courgettes too small to harvest,I thought that’ll save space if they grow up a cane but it was a waste of space. Maybe the mini veg thing was at the same time as the square foot gardening fashion,don’t hear much about that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
          ... Maybe the mini veg thing was at the same time as the square foot gardening fashion,don’t hear much about that anymore.
          I think square foot gardening is still going strong but it just seemed to me it was a missed oppourtunity. SOme folks down want an allotemnt or have a big enough garden to have a veg plot and Mrs G doent't like the idea of veg in the flower borders. SO I'm going to sort the bit behing the greenhouses out for a standing ground for my chrysanths and have a few big pots with some veg in so If she decided she wants so we have veg growing to hand as well as the allotment.

I'd forgotten about Minicole - yes I've grown that before wish I'd kept my old seed catalogs now
          Last edited by nick the grief; 08-03-2021, 05:23 PM.
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X