This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MarkHackwell View Post
    Planted some Broad Beans ‘Aquadulce’ and Pea ‘Douce Provence’. This is the second batch I have now planted into Roottrainers. The first batch is doing rather well!
    You planted them in November?
    Please tell me how this is possible!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkHackwell View Post
      Planted some Broad Beans ‘Aquadulce’
      More than half of my broad beans Aquadulce, sown in ground 28th October are through now and about 20mm high.
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Originally posted by Iris_Germany View Post

You planted them in November?
        Please tell me how this is possible!
        It's quite normal. I sow mine October or November. See the table on this page

https://www.rhs.org.uk/vegetables/br.../grow-your-own

I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
          It's quite normal. I sow mine October or November. See the table on this page

https://www.rhs.org.uk/vegetables/br.../grow-your-own
          Oh, thanks! I did not know this kind of beans. I thought it was normal beans but this seem to be some sort of special variety. I never have seen such a plant.

So, you sow them in November and then they sleep until spring and then begin to grow, like we do it with garlic?

5 min. later:

(I read the link now. You have to sowe them inside your house and let them stay there over the winter. Well, now I know why it works in October and November ).
          Last edited by Iris_Germany; 23-11-2021, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Turned the current compost batch, harvested veg and cultivated my social skills..
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Turned 1m3 of compost from the 'working' compost bin to the 'maturing' bin.

Cheaper than gym membership.

Comment

• Collected leaves, pulled up some bolted lettuce and spinach.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
                  Turned 1m3 of compost from the 'working' compost bin to the 'maturing' bin.

Cheaper than gym membership.
                  Then come to me and do it in my garden too!

Comment

• Lifted my Begonias and started planting up my Tulips, Narcissus and winter pansies.
                    Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                    Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                    https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                    Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• I did this yesterday, but I pulled up all my frosted pepper plants, cut down my asparagus, and took down my bean frames and removed the plants from them. Then I bagged all that up to take back home to shred.

Comment

• Moved the last couple of buckets of lettuce into my GH seeing as hail stones were on the way. I'd just finished as the garden was coated with what looked like polystyrene balls.

Comment

• Finished filling my new bed with soil taken from the communal compost bin at the allotment. It's more soil than compost, despite being a "compost" bin, and no one else seems to want it (it's just been growing and growing every year, with people using it only to dump stuff and never emptying it), so I figured I'd help myself. If anything I'm probably doing them a favour, as the pallet bins were full to overflowing, whereas now they actually have room to dump more waste. Also added four sacks of manure to the bed.

Comment

• I had to unclip the netting on top of my brassica cage the weight of the snow snapped 2 of the canes. Will sort it out better tomorrow once its light.
                            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 28-11-2021, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Finally got rid of (allegedly) asbestos cement roof tiles that have been sat at bottom of garden for 10 or so years. Cling filmed, double bagged and taped.

Thanks to helpful St Erth SUEZ civic amenity site staff for their help.

Comment

• Shredded the stuff I brought back from the allotment the other day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X