Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted out my Charlottes, potted up perpetual spinach, and chillis.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Helped OH chopping logs left from tree surgeon , stacked away.
      OH then scarified grass which i then layered into compost bins with prunings.
      Northern England.

Comment

• Planted the first earlies and potted up various flower seedlings.

Comment

• Potted on my tomtoes. Planted out lily bulbs that were growing in pots.Put away my containers of daffodils that finished flowering. Did some weeding and dug out some scutch grass and a few nettles. Planted on my echinacea that I grew from seed.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
            Potted on my tomtoes. Planted out lily bulbs that were growing in pots.Put away my containers of daffodils that finished flowering. Did some weeding and dug out some scutch grass and a few nettles. Planted on my echinacea that I grew from seed.
            I have grown echinacea from seed this year for the first time. Was really slow to grow over autumn/winter but hoping they will pick up a bit now. When do you think you will plant them out?

Comment

• Weeding...and more weeding and then even more weeding

I’m hoping to achieve a mention in the Guinness Book of Records for the person who has done the most weeding this year!

That’ll teach me to leave it all last autumn
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Weeding and scything yesterday, water up from the well.

More weeding but especially scything today. A farmer up the valley grows a cereal crop every year. Somehow or other, masses of the seeds end up here. Hence the scything. Not very good at it, but good enough to stop the grasses from setting seed.

Comment

• Pruned out the main shoot on the aubergines, leaving three or four side shoots.
                  Well, did this on three of the four plants but left the fourth one since it has a flower bud and will deliver an early fruit.

Rigged support strings for the tomatoes.
                  I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."
                  ∃

Comment

• It must be quite a lot of work to get your water for watering your plants up from a well. Having once helped with scything a wildflower meadow, that's a lot of work too. You must sleep well at night!

Comment

• Fed up with in, out, in, out. Squashes are now OUT
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	squashes.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	2522691
                      From left: courgette, butternut, kabocha
                      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."
                      ∃

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Primrose View Post
                        It must be quite a lot of work to get your water for watering your plants up from a well. Having once helped with scything a wildflower meadow, that's a lot of work too. You must sleep well at night!
                        A pump does the hard work of raising water from the well. But yes, scything is quite hard work. It shouldn't be, but I'm not very good at it and yesterday and the next few days will involve taking the seed heads off grasses on a sloping bank.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 15-04-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Planted out some more Broad Beans that were in cells in the greenhouse, also cut the grass, well I say grass, the front one is mostly moss and there's quite a lot of plantain, daisies and a few other wild flowers in there, I bet it's probably only 50% grass, so I wouldn't describe them as lawns lol.

Comment

• Pruned the thyme and removed the old stalks from the mint plants (would have been easier before they sprouted!). Watered the garden.
                            Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• I wouldn't fancy scything on a slope, Snoop Puss, I reckon my ankles would be in danger if I attempted that. Scything a flat meadow was challenging enough for me.

Planted out some onion sets and the elephant garlic that's been going in and out for a while now. Also potted up some rosemary, thyme and basil plants.

Comment

• Just repotted 5 black icicle tomato plants into bigger pots

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X