This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a good day.
    Transplanted all of the hippeastrums from last years seeds, all of the tomatoes, most of the chillies, a couple of cucumbers and some basil and parsley. Then went outside and planted the 16 bergenias and 15 herbaceous potentillas that I grew from seed last year.

Last year I tried grafting tomatoes and got very consistent results. Tried 8 lost 8! This year's results aren't as consistent, tried 6 succeeded with 5. It'll be interesting to see if there is any improvement over their un-grafted siblings.
    Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

• Dug over and fertilised another allotment bed. Over half of them done now.

Comment

• Potted on marigolds and lettuce.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Put up wind breaks round the peas and broad beans.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Planted out a gutter of mangetout at the allotment.
            Also did a little digging and weeding.

Comment

• Unexpectedly good weather today so I managed to get more of the turf removed from the front garden and a some comfrey (Bocking 14) roots put into pots to sprout.

Comment

• Sown more pre chitted parsnips.

Comment

• A bit of weeding up the plot, Carol planted out some Turnip seedlings and weeded the latest onion sets.
                  I weeded my front garden too, creeping buttercup mainly, then edged to the neighbours lawn.
                  My boys came round at 5.00 after work so we mixed up some cement and laid a few bricks to my garden wall. There is a brick pier at the end which I need to sit my 300Ltr water butt on and then I can mount the gutters on my 22x10Ft Shed and collect all those lovely April showers ready for the summer watering spree.
                  Ive waited months for this and it's finally happening. I could have done it myself but they insisted on helping the old man, since they are in the trade it seemed prudent to let them do it.

Comment

• This evening I set up my new mini greenhouse on the patio (needed more space, as my conservatory is getting a bit full).

I also repotted (again) my peach seedlings, then put them in said mini greenhouse. Although they're more like saplings at this point. The tallest is now 2 feet tall. I last repotted them less than a month ago, and at the time they were only 8 inches. They're growing astonishingly fast.

Comment

• Washed the silver birch bark. No longer alge green birch. Fairy liquid and a soft brush.

Raked the zen gravel.

Jobs that just have to be done!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG1617374562075.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2521484Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG1617374490349.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	2521485
                      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."
                      ∃

Comment

• Potted on toms and sown more pre chitted parsnips.

Comment

• Had a good couple of days. Put spuds in yesterday, and nearly built a new raised bed today -should get it finished tomorrow;-)

Comment

• Planted 6 oca tubers at the allotment. I'm trying out planting them direct this year, rather than start them in pots. All the ones from last year still left in the ground are all sprouting copiously, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Also dug over about half of one of the big beds.
                            Last edited by ameno; 03-04-2021, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Potted on sunflowers.

Comment

• Sowed crown Prince, notion squash, black beauty courgette and cavol Nero in pots/modules and starting them off inside. Hopefully one they have sprouted this cold overnight spell will have passed and I can grow them on in the gh. Also riddled the op later of soil on a couple of beds. The bulk compost I bought is good but a bit rough so wanted to remove some of the sticks and lumps before I planted things like carrots in it. Took the rough stuff and put it under some of the shrubs as a kind of mulch.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X