Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejuvinated the 4 veg trugs outside my back door with BF&B and compost. Nothing would grow in 2 of them last year so fingers crossed for this year. First gardening I've done since lockdown and the rats, so there's an awful lot of work to do. Baby steps
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Transplanted some strawberry plants, as well as some plants of a mysterious hybrid cane fruit. No idea what they are.

Comment

• Planted out beetroot, 112 maincrop onions and 24 cells of multi-sown spring onions.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Planted my chitted pentland javelin and anya potatoes.
          Weeded the raspberry patch yet again

Comment

• Planted 5 Raspberry All Gold and 4 Raspberry Sweet Sunshine. Still too cold for putting the chitted tatties in the ground.

Potted up a small Hebe Blue Star, a Geranium Tiny Monster and various sedum cuttings.

Comment

• Today and yesterday I did a load of pruning at home.
              I pruned two huge rose bushes, one small rambling rose, the cherry tree, the buddleia, the Japanese quince, the fuchsia, the hydrangea, and one of the apple trees. I also trimmed and tied in the loganberry.

Comment

• I planted 12 tomatoes out together with King Edward potatoes, with a water hose blasted the blackfly off the Broad bean flower heads and encouraged the Peas to climb rather than dragging on the ground
                Bearn, Pyrenees Atlantique France

Comment

• I've finally got something in the ground: my spuds (Salad Blue and Pink Fir Apple) in the solenaceae bed (haven't left any room for toms, so I won't grow them this year), and my kale (Scarlet, a red variety, obv.) and radishes (French Breakfast 3) in the brassica bed. Continued digging the last bed, the "everything else" one, which this year will be onions and Swiss Chard. Next job: sow runner beans in individual fibre pots. That'll have to wait until I buy more fibre pots and seed compost.
                  Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

• Yesterday Carol potted on the tomatoes into 5" and 6" pots (whatever was available). I applied a thin layer of well rotted horse muck and an inch of home made compost to here front garden. I then bagged up the last of the ready to use home made (about half a bag), so I can turn the bin into the empty bay.
                    Friday we finished the assembly of the fruit cage (3.5 by 2.25m) and put the net around. We have left off the roof netting for now, there is no danger from birds and the insects will have easier access when the time comes to pollinate, we can throw that over once the fruit set. That's a row of Raspberries, 2 Gooseberries and 4 black currents all tucked up safe.
                    After that we decided where the brassicas will go this year and I applied Rotted Cow dung to the surface area, I'll need to buy in some finished compost to cover that as I'm almost out of my own now. That leaves just one more large bed to be covered in the no dig scheme, I have Cow muck but again no compost.
                    Today has been sorting out tax affairs and writing letters etc. so I've yet to even step out the door at twenty past five!
                    Looks like a great week of weather though, so dirt under my nails again tomorrow.

Comment

• Just come in from digging a bit more of the everything-else bed, and planting the onion seedlings (Red Baron - thanks, GYO!) in the bit I'd dug, because they'd been in fibre pots too long already.
                      Tour of my back garden mini-orchard.

Comment

• Dug over the patch where I plan to plant out my peas.
                        Shored up the gravel path running along the edge of my plot, which has started to subside into one of my beds.

Comment

• Did all my shredding today. My compost bin went from a third full to almost completely full in one go, and there's still a couple buckets full to take to the compost bin at the allotment.

Comment

• Mostly weeding and cutting the grass.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Finally planted the potatoes (international kidney, Sieglinde, Bamberger Hörnchen, Yetholm gypsy).

Comment

• Planted some Charlottes into buckets and left them in the GH. potted on Sunflowers I seem to have 12 of them. then sown more pre-chitted parsnips.
                                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 30-03-2021, 06:26 PM.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X