This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First sowing of the year!
    Mustard and cress on the kitchen radiator.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I took delivery of some seed trays Monday
      77L, 77H, 40L, 40H, 40 Optim, 28H, 15L and larger 160 cell trays.
      I'm still not sure what tray size I'll use for what seedlings

Went through my recent seed orders and updated my seed spreadsheet.

Today
      Emptied last year's greenhouse pots into a couple of UN food drums for sterilisation and re-use.
      Filled a few trays with compost and took the trays into the house to warm up.
      Took a couple of bags of compost into the house to warm up.

Comment

The elephant garlic cloves I ordered in early October finally arrived so I planted them straight away.

Also had a poke around in one of the compost heaps and was pleased to find how well the turfs in it are breaking down. There were some nice, big, juicy earthworms in there too - shame I don't know of any good recipes.

Comment

Weeded the other Akebia, then fed and mulched with cardboard.

Comment

Prick out the Mila Bulgerion sweet pepper seedlings ..they was twice the size of all the rest.

Comment

Cleaned out leaves, spillec compost, overwintering plants etc. from No1 greenhouse, stacked all the pots outside and put growlights, propagators etc all together. Tomorrow I should be able to take the collected bits out of the greenhouse, then do the window cleaning thing, followed by fumigation with a homemade sulfur candle. Important this year, since there was RSM in it last year.

The Overwintering plants and their pots+compost all got well sprayed with acetamiprid.
              Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Pruned the Rose's.
                Cut down and binned all the dead foliage from last years dahlias.
                Raked up all the rubbish.
                Made space in the greenhouse for my newly germinated sweetpeas.
                Sowed some Cayanne, Jalapeno and Hungarisn hot wax chillis in the propogator.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

A few small jobs today.
                  Trimmed off the dead leaves from about half the strawberry plants; replanted a few of last year's strawberry runners into the space where I removed the nasty-tasting red-flowered variety; weeded around the sour cherry tree and fed it; cut back the dead gladiolus leaves and stems; pulled out the dead crocosmia leaves and stems; and pruned the trimmed the lavender.

Comment

Called in at our local farm supplies shop to grab some seed potatoes and shallots only to be told I’m a week too early!
                    I’ve never been early before...

Comment

Covered two more no dig beds with 2-4 inches of well rotted muck
                      I may be hungry but I sure ain’t weird

Comment

Mulched the rhubarb, then started digging the main veg bed.

Comment

Put some ‘chocolate’ seeds in a jam jar of water to clean them up.
                          I want sure if I should sow direct but thought they might just rot.
                          Last edited by Nicos; 30-01-2021, 04:21 PM.

Comment

My garden is still frozen solid and the birds are picking round the dead foliage from last years flowers, so no gardening will be taking just yet, did you see the news last night, the sea has frozen further north, now looking out the window for Polar Bears......................

Comment

Balconi Red, Micro Tom and Tiny Tim tomato germinated and now on the window sill.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Sowed small pots of coriander, basil, rocket and salad leaves and brought them inside to germinate. Sowed more sweet peas and some eryngium seeds and left them in the gh. Potted on the sweet pease I planted in autumn. My grow lights arrived so can get my chillis going.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X