Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleared my finished watermelon plants, and pulled up a dead squash plant.
    Also picked three Candy Roaster squashes and left them in the sun to cure.

Comment

• Tame the hedges day.

Now that there is no danger of disturbing nests we can really have a go at the mixed hedges.

Hawthorn is a bit of a bully and needs to be cut away from such as our sea buckthorn, blackthorn, tamerisk, pittosporum, and gorse.

It's taken seven or eight years to get the hedges established and now they fight back, so I guess that's good.
      I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Potted up the last of my winter lettuce into buckets and troughs.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Planted out some perpetual spinach/chard, not sure which. They are fairly small so going in the last chance saloon patch along with some swede with arrested development. Also 3 bronze beauty lettuce and 4 radicchio as think they are tough enough to survive on the plot.
          Sweetcorn chopped up and composted.
          6 spring cabbage popped in under a cloche.

Comment

• Pruned grapes vines (again) and pear tree (again).
            A little weeding.

Comment

• Removed 4 toms plants from the GH border that's finished.

Comment

• Went apple picking in the garden & took the seed heads off my parsley & sowed them in the pot. Deadheaded petunias,geraniums & marigolds. The back lawn needs a mow but it rained most of Sunday here,soils still wet but the suns here,that’ll help it grow longer then

Comment

• Wrestled with rasps. They have grown to about 7 foot and are all dropping over. So much fruit on them high is great but getting hard to manage and no idea how I will reach the fruit at the top.
                  Last edited by annie8; 22-09-2021, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Did a batch of shredding, then ferried the shreddings up to my allotment compost bin.
                    Lots of watering.

Comment

• Picked the last of the Blauhilde beans then took down the frame and stored the canes. covering the ground with netting so it doesn't end up as a litter tray.

Comment

• Took my chilli plant indoors we've got lows of 7 and 6c this week. Pulled up the courgettes and squash that have finished.

Comment

• Planted out field beans for winter greens.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Lifted potatoes, carried on cutting hedges and made just enough room for the calor gas delivery man to get through all my pots!
                            Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                            Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                            https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                            Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Washed the self watering matting and trays I use in the GH for my cucs and chillis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Washed the self watering matting and trays I use in the GH for my cucs and chillis.
                                How do you keep it watered? Auto or what?
                                I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X