X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Sow butternut Waltham that have chitted.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    More successional sowing of Carrots, 2 lots showing through, not sure why I do them in succession as they usually catch each other up.

Leave a comment:

• Gillykat
    replied
    Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post
    Sowed THIRD lot of sweetcorn having lost previous two to unseasonably cold weather.
    We can usually get away with starting sweetcorn in first half of April. Not this year.
    I haven't even got around to sowing mine yet as it's been so cold in Northumberland TBH I thought I'd left it too late (variety is Swift) but I think I'll get them done tomorrow and start them off in my warm living room.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Potted up a few more bean seeds, along with some Black Magic kale seeds.
    Also potted up some rooted sweet potato cuttings.

Leave a comment:

• Sweet savory
    replied
    6 modules of cosse violet cfb. More golden beetroot in the container some romaine lettuce came in - bought to plug the gap created by the slugs.
    On the allotment some parsnips with radish in between the onions and a row of spinach on a spare bit of ground.

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Sowed THIRD lot of sweetcorn having lost previous two to unseasonably cold weather.
    We can usually get away with starting sweetcorn in first half of April. Not this year.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Sowed some Black Magic kale seeds.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Sowed more mixed salad leaves and more radishes.

Leave a comment:

• Sweet savory
    replied
    Another pot of little gem as the one sown 10d ago got completely slugged.
    Row of carrots Marian, first row sown last week showing already. Another chitted parsnip.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Kale (Red Russian and Cavolo Nero), rainbow chard, red cabbage and burpless cukes

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    Today sowed emir melons,Inca gold squashes & diva cucumbers

Leave a comment:

• Sweet savory
    replied
    Sowed 12 modules of dfb Mistik.
    Put another blue kuri to chit. The first one is now showing green in its pot. Didn’t mean to do 2 of these but I am coming to the conclusion that I maybe have a duff packet of uchiki kuri as none so far show the slightest interest in germinating in spite of all my efforts to encourage them. Will keep trying as plenty of time yet.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Sowed some Eskimo carrots as my first sowings of Chantenay are now showing, also sowed some Beetroot and covered the bed with new chicken wire.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Sowed all my beans, peas and squashes today. Chitted sweetcorn.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Bones
    replied
    Bean sowing day today - Borlotti (self-saved), French climbing Blue Lake (self-saved), DFB Sprite and DFB Aquilon.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X